Forum Archives » Complete » Third Wire Series (SF) » YAP 81-90 is out!
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
Hop to:
#2470364 - 03/15/08 05:42 AM Re: YAP 81-90 is out! [Re: bigstone2]
PittsS2B Offline

Loc: Tucson,Arizona,USA
Glad to hear you solved it, bigstone. I just installed WOV and YAP on my new Vista desktop with the help of the tweaking guide over at Combatace, and now I'm enjoying the new missions in high-res widescreen nirvana (albeit without the nice pixel shaders, but who's got time to look at the scenery in this threat environment?) \:D

Great stuff.

Top Bookmark and Share
#2470368 - 03/15/08 05:47 AM Re: YAP 81-90 is out! [Re: Grunt0331]
zerocinco Offline

Loc: Saigon
I read your note and went back and flew the Yankee Station mission. Still don't know what caused your crash but I had to say that mission is really great. I met a guy years ago that flew Dixie Station/Yankee Station for the Marines on that cruise. They were his missions.

I usually play YAP without any little diamonds and cones. In this mission, to see the 57, you have to see the smoke or drive down the tracers to the gun. This time, I got him just as the Scooters arrived to drop the bridge. And, I had no crash so I smacked the Crusader down on the last wire and wheezed to a stop amidst all those other planes. I get so tired of the missions writing and testing that I don't usually fly them afterwards. But sometimes we go back and fly them right after the set is out and we amaze ourselves. It's TK's base game that does it. No doubt there. It is the engine for story-telling.

We especially like it when we know our players "get it". By that, I mean, they feel why we told the tale. They fly it as it is briefed and not just use the models in fantasy "what-if's". These things happened. Fantasy's by their very description did not and I tire of them rapidly.

So, Grunt, if you had made it back to the boat, full of holes like me, here's what it would have looked like:

And from our next set, this shot from Red River Rats. We promise the Hundredth Mission set will be the most violent and realistic yet. The Team wanted to end YAP1 with a Bang!

Top Bookmark and Share

#2470383 - 03/15/08 06:43 AM Re: YAP 81-90 is out! [Re: zerocinco]
bigstone2 Offline

Loc: San Diego, California
It was my faulty nvidia drivers that caused the crashing. After four days of frustrations, instead of logging into my pc as user(me). I loggged in as administrator safe mode uninstalled drivers and installed new ones and rebooted. Before I knew it I was attatched to the steaming cats of the USS Oriskany!!! Awesome looking aircraft carrier. Looking forward to the USS Enterprise!!! Thanks for this cool mission set.

Top Bookmark and Share
#2470467 - 03/15/08 01:10 PM Re: YAP 81-90 is out! [Re: bigstone2]
MigBuster Offline

Loc: UK
F-105Fs with retractable refuelling probes - very nice!

Top Bookmark and Share
#2470518 - 03/15/08 03:11 PM Re: YAP 81-90 is out! [Re: MigBuster]
Spoons - SimHQ Offline
SimHQ Editor Emeritus

Loc: SimHQ.com
Love the Weasels!

Top Bookmark and Share
#2470667 - 03/15/08 07:15 PM Re: YAP 81-90 is out! [Re: Spoons - SimHQ]
zerocinco Offline

Loc: Saigon
Armour Dave's old planes. Sundowners new high-res skins. Anyone who flies Wild Weasel and Red River Rats will get an idea of how different their mission was compared to the strike birds on the way in behind them. Anyone who lands back at Takhli deserves a beer.

Top Bookmark and Share
#2475080 - 03/20/08 08:53 PM Re: YAP 81-90 is out! [Re: zerocinco]
Simon Read Offline

Loc: England
Wonderful set, I'm flying them now and everything works as advertised. Please see the After Action Reports forum...

Top Bookmark and Share

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Forum Use Agreement | Privacy Statement | SimHQ Staff
Copyright 1997-2012, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.