Forum Archives » Complete » EAW » Need a 15 pin rudder for joystick
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Hop to:
#2465030 - 03/08/08 07:00 PM Need a 15 pin rudder for joystick
Uriah Offline

Loc: Omaha, Nebraska
I picked up the following joystick at a thrift shop the other day and it look works very well. It just needs a rudder! The input is for 15 pins and most things these days are USB.

Joystick : Panther DX by 'Mad Catz'
looks like it is really a CH product.
8 buttons, two triggers, hat switch, forward/back button

has an 15 pin input for the rudder

Input into the PC is a cable with a split head, USB and a game port 15 pin head.

Will any 15 pin input rudder likely work for this? Any suggestions.

It would be a petty if I could not get a rudder for this because it seems to be a great stick that just needs a rudder. And as EAW will not work with a rudder not going thru the joystick (only one input device) I think I might have a nice solution.

Top Bookmark and Share
#2465407 - 03/09/08 06:53 AM Re: Need a 15 pin rudder for joystick [Re: Uriah]
Weird_Crapolla Offline

Loc: St Barth
Hi,

If you can find one CH ProPedals with a game port socket ..instead a USB socket ..it will be the perfect solution (google it)
I'm not sure they continue to manufacture the one with game port socket..... \:\(
I use them with a Cougar Hotas.

OFF

Top Bookmark and Share

#2465495 - 03/09/08 02:02 PM Re: Need a 15 pin rudder for joystick [Re: Weird_Crapolla]
Steven190 Offline

Loc: Omaha
What are you doing Ron

Trying to corner the Joystick market?
2)RaptorX 150 gig 1) 500 gig backup drive
8800GTX Ultra Black Pearl on 169.21 drivers
Koolance water system
Dell 2405 FP monitor
Creative X-Fi Exteme
Track4Pro/ Vector 6DOF

Top Bookmark and Share
#2465560 - 03/09/08 03:42 PM Re: Need a 15 pin rudder for joystick [Re: Steven190]
Uriah Offline

Hehehe Steve!

now that I have four computers I just gotta have a joystick for each one. Na. I could not resist picking up the 'Mad Catz' joystick for $3. And the Logitech one as almost everyone knows just does not compare to the good sticks. If I get these pedals then the CH one will work with that too. And I now have two places I am living....

Top Bookmark and Share
#2465815 - 03/09/08 09:28 PM Re: Need a 15 pin rudder for joystick [Re: Uriah]
Steven190 Offline

Loc: Omaha
Try eBay for the game port pedals a good source for items and pay through Paypal,
2)RaptorX 150 gig 1) 500 gig backup drive
8800GTX Ultra Black Pearl on 169.21 drivers
Koolance water system
Dell 2405 FP monitor
Creative X-Fi Exteme
Track4Pro/ Vector 6DOF

Top Bookmark and Share
#2466206 - 03/10/08 06:26 AM Re: Need a 15 pin rudder for joystick [Re: Uriah]
Knegel Offline

Originally Posted By: Uriah
Hehehe Steve!
And the Logitech one as almost everyone knows just does not compare to the good sticks.

Now i know why it wont work for me, iam so disadvanced by my stick.

Top Bookmark and Share
#2466289 - 03/10/08 10:22 AM Re: Need a 15 pin rudder for joystick [Re: Knegel]
Uriah Offline

I must admit it seems odd that a new Logitech stick (I have the FORCE ED PRO) would not give as good control as say the old Microsoft Sidewinder Forcefeedback Pro that I picked up from ebay. But it is true. The best I can describe is like contrasting playing EAW with the 'Flight Sensitivity' set on high verses low. Actually having the Microsoft stick, the Logitech (have gone through four), the CH 'Combatstick 568 USB' (sadly has no rudder control) and now this 'Mad Catz Panther DX' I can share my experience using these sticks in immediate comparison. That means I would plug one in, try it. Then plug in the next and try it - and so on. The MS stick and CH give me the following experience: I can get my plane level and let off the stick. The plane will remain fairly level for a while, long enough for me to go to the kitchen and fix coffee and come back. It I were at 5,000 feet my plane will not have crashed yet. If I did the same with the Logitech stick the plane would have long crashed.

When I play Oleg's IL2+ the planes will go all wobbly using the Logitech stick. Using the MS stick they are much more controllable. The game almost becomes acceptable.

Uriah

Top Bookmark and Share

#2477275 - 03/23/08 09:41 PM Re: Need a 15 pin rudder for joystick [Re: Uriah]
Githyanki Offline

Loc: In your gunsight?
Well, we can but hope......

Microsoft may perhaps revive the Sidewinder line. The only reason to be optimistic about that is the new MS gaming mouse. Shades of the old days.

"Dum spirare et lude, sperare"

While I breathe and game, I hope. Meanwhile don't break dat tang!!! That is a collectors item.

Top Bookmark and Share
#2477287 - 03/23/08 10:09 PM Re: Need a 15 pin rudder for joystick [Re: Githyanki]
iron mike Offline

Loc: Maryland, USA
Hey Uriah, go to Radio Shack and ask for "Game Port-to-USB Adaptor" part number 260.0728 . It will let you hook your 15 pin stuff to a usb port. It should be under $10. Or go to Radioshack.com, type in that number and look for 'find at a store near you'. Type in you zip code and you should get a list of stores that have it.

Top Bookmark and Share
#2477500 - 03/24/08 03:30 AM Re: Need a 15 pin rudder for joystick [Re: iron mike]
Uriah Offline

I did get at home last Wednesday the 15 pin CH rudder off of ebay. Sadly, I won't be home until this coming Saturday. Iron, I think I do have that adapter. Will check the part number but last I tried it did not do the trick. Maybe another try will be the charm. But I am looking forward to using a rudder rather than a twist stick. And I must say I may be wrong about the Logitech stick. Seems that if you change the sensitivity from the Logitech software that works better than just the sensitivity from EAW control. Will report on results when I get to use the rudder.

Uriah

Top Bookmark and Share
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Forum Use Agreement | Privacy Statement | SimHQ Staff
Copyright 1997-2012, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.