Forum Archives » Complete » Third Wire Series (SF) » Yankee Air Pirate pseudo-update
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Hop to:
#2435730 - 01/30/08 03:23 PM Re: Yankee Air Pirate pseudo-update [Re: zerocinco]
531 Ghost Offline

Loc: MCAS Camp Pendleton
Edited my previous post with my painting. 20mm, you've got mail. McCains last ride, sounds like a pretty harrowing mission 05. Just may have to pick up this mission set, when avaliable.

Top Bookmark and Share
#2436698 - 01/31/08 01:44 PM Re: Yankee Air Pirate pseudo-update [Re: zerocinco]
20mm Offline

Forums Manager
Lifer

Loc: Tucson AZ
 Originally Posted By: zerocinco

We have McCain's Last Ride coming up. We don't care if you vote for McCain (if you are an American). We care that you go downtown in a Scooter, see the what he saw, dodge flak, get the power plant in your sites, pickle, and pull off in a hail of gunfire only to be met with SAM's targeted on you. If you survive, you go back to the Oriskany to trap. If you don't, then maybe you will stop for a moment and think of the stories you have heard about McCain and how in some way you know more about his entrance into Hell than other people.

That's our hope anyway.

Well said. Real life story telling in a simulation. YAP's premise, I believe.
Forever United States Army Ranger.

Top Bookmark and Share

#2440032 - 02/04/08 04:23 AM Re: Yankee Air Pirate pseudo-update [Re: 20mm]
zerocinco Offline

Loc: Saigon
A couple of updates at Yankee Air Pirate:

Above:

Below:

The O goes to be outfitted this week. Plus a new airplane going to paint this week in England.

Then we will release YAP Missions 81-90.

Top Bookmark and Share
#2440298 - 02/04/08 03:12 PM Re: Yankee Air Pirate pseudo-update [Re: zerocinco]
totalair718 Offline

Loc: sunnyvale
We like that thank you for the update!!!

cheers

Top Bookmark and Share
#2441063 - 02/05/08 12:55 PM Re: Yankee Air Pirate pseudo-update [Re: totalair718]
SandyC Offline

Loc: UK
Incredible detail on the Oriskany. This ship is such a key part of the Vietnam story that it will be a great addition to the game. Thanks for the news update. Viva YAP!

Top Bookmark and Share
#2441286 - 02/05/08 07:09 PM Re: Yankee Air Pirate pseudo-update [Re: SandyC]
MigBuster Offline

Loc: UK
Now thats detail!!

Top Bookmark and Share
#2441608 - 02/06/08 02:35 AM Re: Yankee Air Pirate pseudo-update [Re: MigBuster]
zerocinco Offline

Actually, THIS is detail:

Coming to an ocean near you soon.

Top Bookmark and Share

#2448181 - 02/14/08 10:33 AM Re: Yankee Air Pirate pseudo-update [Re: zerocinco]
soulfreak Offline

Loc: Schapen / Germany (near the ho...
canīt wait for the next YAP Missions!
looks real amazing!!!

Top Bookmark and Share
#2448257 - 02/14/08 01:38 PM Re: Yankee Air Pirate pseudo-update [Re: soulfreak]
Stratos Offline

Loc: Amposta Spain
Any new on this?

http://www.sandbaggereaw.com/stratos.html

Top Bookmark and Share
#2448571 - 02/14/08 08:44 PM Re: Yankee Air Pirate pseudo-update [Re: Stratos]
zerocinco Offline

The last airplane for 81-90 has gone to the UK for painting then back to the US for the Crab treatment. The pit is almost done. We are sure that this will be THE outstanding aircraft of its type in the skies over Vietnam. Diego as sent the Oriskany to be equipped with crew and aircraft and is ready for christening.

The missions are done for 91-100 also. The airplane for the last ten missions is being finished and will be ready for paint shortly. There are a lot of effects as yet unseen in WOV and dozens of new realistic targets that took a lot of hours to place.

This download will be huge since there is an aircraft carrier, a helicopter, two airplanes, targets and a lot of high quality paint jobs. We have made so many changes, final testing to be certain we included everything will take days. So...two weeks.

The following pictures are NOT from the missions. I found them in my dresser. I thought aviation history fans would like seeing them.

One is the last flight of the F-102's in Vietnam. I just happened to be standing there with a camera at the time when someone said they were leaving and we had to start sitting on Air Defense Alert...zzzzz. The other is my last airstrike before going home.

Top Bookmark and Share
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Forum Use Agreement | Privacy Statement | SimHQ Staff
Copyright 1997-2012, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.