Forum Archives » Complete » Third Wire Series (SF) » Yankee Air Pirate pseudo-update
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Hop to:
#2429253 - 01/23/08 02:16 AM Re: Yankee Air Pirate pseudo-update [Re: zerocinco]
Hinchinbrooke Offline

Loc: Minnesota
What an odd character Cunningham must be. To wholly destroy your original reputation?

Now that takes some doing.

Top Bookmark and Share
#2429291 - 01/23/08 03:24 AM Re: Yankee Air Pirate pseudo-update [Re: Hinchinbrooke]
zerocinco Offline

Loc: Saigon
PM'd you.

Top Bookmark and Share

#2429329 - 01/23/08 04:28 AM Re: Yankee Air Pirate pseudo-update [Re: zerocinco]
PittsS2B Offline

Loc: Tucson,Arizona,USA
All looks great, Zerocinco, and can't wait for that Oriskany model. Just started reading Col. Broughton's "Thud Ridge", and have a new PC on order, so looking forward to seeing how well it handles the AAA over some YAP targets!

Top Bookmark and Share
#2431338 - 01/25/08 05:09 PM Re: Yankee Air Pirate pseudo-update [Re: zerocinco]
Evil Flower Offline

Loc: Eslöv, Sverige
Really nice carrier there. Have you ever thought about making certain things like the carriers available as standalone downloads for like a fiver a piece since they do have a use outside of the context of your missions? I'd gladly pay a fiver for say, the Enterprise done up in the CV-41 style.

Top Bookmark and Share
#2431741 - 01/26/08 02:01 AM Re: Yankee Air Pirate pseudo-update [Re: Evil Flower]
zerocinco Offline

No. Everything in Yankee Air Pirate is part of a real story that we are telling. They are created for that use only. We needed the Oriskany because 3 of the next missions began on her decks. We have all the Vietnam Era carriers and the Nimitz Class, too. Mike would quit if he knew we were selling his beloved Enterprise for five bucks.

The next release after the Oriskany will be either the Coral Sea, the Kitty Hawk, the Ranger or the Enterprise. Not sure yet. It's up to the missions being told and what Diego and Crab feel like playing with.

Edited by zerocinco (01/26/08 02:08 AM)

Top Bookmark and Share
#2431878 - 01/26/08 06:37 AM Re: Yankee Air Pirate pseudo-update [Re: zerocinco]
Spectre-USA Offline

Loc: Spokane, WA, USofA!
I am digging the step van by the revetments, as I spent many hours driving around in one as a line supe.
The guy in the passenger seat looks familiar...

Top Bookmark and Share
#2431884 - 01/26/08 06:56 AM Re: Yankee Air Pirate pseudo-update [Re: Spectre-USA]
zerocinco Offline

Uh...uh...well, Diego ran out of faces, you see. So we used yours. We were going to use Mike's but have you ever SEEN a Detroit cop's face? Man! Scary. I think they are supposed to look like that.

You know that promise I made regarding aircraft? Well we got stuck right there. We finally get the airplane in about two weeks. Crab has to arm it and Ant has to skin it. Then you can fly the best night mission we ever did that has been in the can for all these months awaiting a fitting ride. This one will be one fine ship.

Top Bookmark and Share

#2432178 - 01/26/08 06:17 PM Re: Yankee Air Pirate pseudo-update [Re: zerocinco]
Spectre-USA Offline

Loc: Spokane, WA, USofA!
I have no problem with it, in fact I think it is very cool!

I was just surprised to see it after all this time. But I think I should be driving. \:D

Top Bookmark and Share
#2433850 - 01/28/08 03:28 PM Re: Yankee Air Pirate pseudo-update [Re: Spectre-USA]
20mm Offline

Forums Manager
Lifer

Loc: Tucson AZ
Good job YAP crew.

As for Duke, well, we all make decisions in life. Some are good, some maybe not so good. But when he served his country in the skies over Vietnam, I'm glad we had a Randy Cunningham in the seat.
Forever United States Army Ranger.

Top Bookmark and Share
#2435702 - 01/30/08 02:27 PM Re: Yankee Air Pirate pseudo-update [Re: 20mm]
zerocinco Offline

My feelings exactly. Our reason for doing the mission is to put the player into a vignette...a snapshot in time. In fact, that is what they are all about. They are not campaigns wherein you must build your accomplishments. They are a story told without words in the cockpit where they occurred. At that one moment in time, he was a hell of a stick and this is a flight sim. (The first thing I did when I bought WOV was to fly a Thud because I always wanted to. 16000 hours of ten minute flights and 40 years later and I couldn't wait to get the disk out of the box.)

We have missions where you can ride in the seat occupied by some very famous men in aviation. We have more. All stories directly from those men. And we don't really care about their lives before or beyond that moment.

We have McCain's Last Ride coming up. We don't care if you vote for McCain (if you are an American). We care that you go downtown in a Scooter, see the what he saw, dodge flak, get the power plant in your sites, pickle, and pull off in a hail of gunfire only to be met with SAM's targeted on you. If you survive, you go back to the Oriskany to trap. If you don't, then maybe you will stop for a moment and think of the stories you have heard about McCain and how in some way you know more about his entrance into Hell than other people.

That's our hope anyway.

Top Bookmark and Share
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Forum Use Agreement | Privacy Statement | SimHQ Staff
Copyright 1997-2012, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.