Forum Archives » Complete » Community Hall » Are you ready for some baseball?
Page 71 of 76 < 1 2 ... 69 70 71 72 73 75 76 >
Topic Options
Hop to:
#2365984 - 10/29/07 07:07 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: PanzerMeyer]
Leeman Offline

Loc: New England
 Originally Posted By: PanzerMeyer
 Originally Posted By: Leeman

And one huge reason why the Sox won is because they didn't need to use GAGME with the game on the line.

Yes, there truly IS a god. Sox should cut Gagne and use that money to add some nice incentive to re-sign Lowell.

The Sox don't have to worry about cutting him. He's no longer under contract and he will not be offered one from the Sox either. Good frickin' riddance.

Top Bookmark and Share
#2365987 - 10/29/07 07:11 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: Leeman]
PanzerMeyer Offline
Sierra Hotel

Loc: Miami, FL USA
 Originally Posted By: Leeman
The Sox don't have to worry about cutting him. He's no longer under contract and he will not be offered one from the Sox either. Good frickin' riddance.

Ah, I didn't know that. Well, that makes it even easier! :-)

Top Bookmark and Share

#2366088 - 10/29/07 08:58 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: PanzerMeyer]
Razorback Offline
Lifer

Loc: Member # 118
 Originally Posted By: Razorback
and I am sure if it is the Red Sox that they could earn the dynasty tag they are prematurely receiving now (you should have to win a few in a row to deserve that one).

It's the stupid sports media that is trying to categorize the Red Sox as a dynasty.

Oh, I know... they did the same with the Yankees in 1998. I felt that they did not become a true dynasty until the 2000 season. Though, I feel the Braves should be considered a 90's dynasty as well, since they went to the World Series like... 20 times in that decade. ;\)
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws... encourage... homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."-Jefferson

Top Bookmark and Share
#2366124 - 10/29/07 10:19 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: Razorback]
PanzerMeyer Offline
Sierra Hotel

Though, I feel the Braves should be considered a 90's dynasty as well, since they went to the World Series like... 20 times in that decade. ;\)

And they won what? One of them? lol

Yankees definitely had a dynasty from 1926 to 1964, A's had a mini-dynasty in the early 70's and the Red Sox did actually have a mini dynasty as well but that was from about 1910 til 1918!

Top Bookmark and Share
#2366208 - 10/30/07 12:41 AM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: PanzerMeyer]
Top Gun Offline
Lifer

Loc: Roch-Vegas NH
The manager of the Rockies seems like a pretty cool guy. Damn, he's a pretty big guy too! He towered over the guy who was interviewing him during the post-Series coverage.

I think that guy is short as well as the other guy being tall.

I'm glad Gagne is gone, I sure hope the Sox spend the money on Lowell and not even give ARod the time of day. Just drive the price up for someone else.

They are having their "rolling" parade in Boston tomorrow, some people from work want to head down. No way in hell would I be caught dead in that area of town. The guy I work with has season tickets for the Pats and went down to one of the parades they did. It was freezing cold at the time....

Sox aren't even close to being considered a Dynasty. Maybe a few more in the next years and you can consider the name. Just like football, I think it's harder to repeat because of free agency.

Edited by Top Gun (10/30/07 12:44 AM)
Sigma 50-500 & 17-50 F2.8

Top Bookmark and Share
#2366296 - 10/30/07 04:13 AM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: PanzerMeyer]
MrDalgof Offline

Loc: Colorado USA
The manager of the Rockies seems like a pretty cool guy. Damn, he's a pretty big guy too! He towered over the guy who was interviewing him during the post-Series coverage.

Clint Hurdle. I like him too. He doesn't suffer fools and he lets the press know when their questions are asinine. I've seen him chew guys out pretty good for that. Even if some of his decisions are controversial he can back them up intelligently and with logic. And he never resorts to using baseball cliches.

Top Bookmark and Share
#2366300 - 10/30/07 04:18 AM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: Razorback]
MrDalgof Offline

Loc: Colorado USA
I am a big Girardi fan, so I will enjoy having him as a manager. He is actually just a young version of Joe Torre... with a slight superiority complex (very slight).

I can never tell when you're typing with a straight face or not, RB. \:\)

But who would have ever thought that an ex-Rockies catcher would someday manage the Yankees. ;\)

Top Bookmark and Share

#2366440 - 10/30/07 12:35 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: MrDalgof]
PanzerMeyer Offline
Sierra Hotel

Originally Posted By: MrDalgof

I can never tell when you're typing with a straight face or not, RB. \:\)

It took me about 2 years of reading his posts to master the art of telling when RB is serious and when he's joking.

Top Bookmark and Share
#2366999 - 10/31/07 05:30 AM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: 249th_Jeevz]
didItWell Offline

I think I am not ready for some baseball...

Top Bookmark and Share
#2379567 - 11/15/07 05:03 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: PanzerMeyer]
PanzerMeyer Offline
Sierra Hotel

Top Bookmark and Share
Page 71 of 76 < 1 2 ... 69 70 71 72 73 75 76 >

Forum Use Agreement | Privacy Statement | SimHQ Staff
Copyright 1997-2012, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.