Forum Archives » Complete » Third Wire Series (SF) » The Deuce
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
Hop to:
#2345442 - 09/25/07 06:49 PM Re: The Deuce [Re: PhantomIIF4]
speedbump Offline

Loc: Anchorage
The Dagger is a beautiful plane. I guess that shot is from FS9?

http://www.razzledazzleart.com

Top Bookmark and Share
#2345572 - 09/25/07 10:04 PM Re: The Deuce [Re: speedbump]
PhantomIIF4 Offline

Loc: United States
Finally somebody who agrees with me that the Dagger is a great looking bird.......

Top Bookmark and Share

#2346039 - 09/26/07 07:00 PM Re: The Deuce [Re: PhantomIIF4]
speedbump Offline

Loc: Anchorage
I found the file at Simviation. It's a nice bird.

http://www.razzledazzleart.com

Top Bookmark and Share
#2346067 - 09/26/07 07:56 PM Re: The Deuce [Re: speedbump]
Stormtrooper Offline
Lifer

Loc: Washington state
 Originally Posted By: speedbump
I found the file at Simviation. It's a nice bird.

Exactly ;\)

Fan of anyone in Nascar not driving a Camry.

Wondering around in the aftermath of Black Mesa East.

Top Bookmark and Share
#2346108 - 09/26/07 09:22 PM Re: The Deuce [Re: PhantomIIF4]
FastCargo Offline

Originally Posted By: PhantomIIF4
Finally somebody who agrees with me that the Dagger is a great looking bird.......

No one said it wasn't...just that there isn't the interest in it that some other aircraft have.

With ALL the aircraft out there, you just can't cover everything. Especially when most aircraft are made just because someone is interested in them, they have 3ds Max, they have the time, and they have the ability to turn out a good aircraft.

People need to understand something. If you do a scour of the 'net, and the aircraft you want isn't out there to download or buy...it probably hasn't been released. Asking and needling about it and bringing up ancient threads for a release update won't make it come up any quicker.

If a new aircraft is released (especially for Strike Fighters, etc,etc) word hits the street pretty quickly.

Unless you have a time schedule to keep because you're about to die...be quiet, wait, and go do something else.

Or better yet, learn the tools and start doing it yourself. Gmax is free, and files convert fairly straight forwardly to 3ds Max format, which in turn converts to LOD files that the TW engine uses.

If you don't have the time (and Phantom...I know you don't have the time right now) then leave it alone. You've done a great job contributing to the community already...just relax. Either someone will get to it evenually, you'll do it yourself, or it won't happen.

Now, all of the above is in regards to freeware addons.

Payware on the other hand...is a different story. If you pay for it UPFRONT, then deadlines, expectations, progress reports, etc, are to be considered par for the course.

However, if you haven't paid for it yet...then most of the above still applies. However, the maker will be more motivated because there is financial gain.

There is NO external motivation for a freeware maker other than the acceptance of his peers. There may be plenty of internal motivation for that freeware maker though...but poking around about it doesn't increase it at all.

FastCargo

Top Bookmark and Share
#2346175 - 09/26/07 11:25 PM Re: The Deuce [Re: FastCargo]
PhantomIIF4 Offline

Loc: United States
I hate it when sound logic is used to counter my arguments...... ;\)

You're correct I don't have the time right now, but to be honest I don't think I'm smart enough to know how to use programs like 3ds Max.

How about if I get my wings in a year, somebody can make one as a graduation present? \:\) (that if i graduate seems like a big if right now too.....)

Top Bookmark and Share
#2348438 - 10/01/07 02:47 PM Re: The Deuce [Re: PhantomIIF4]
veltro2k Offline

old WIP stopped cause someone said they also where working on one

— Major Alexander P. de Seversky, USAAF

Top Bookmark and Share

#2348477 - 10/01/07 03:46 PM Re: The Deuce [Re: veltro2k]
Stormtrooper Offline
Lifer

Loc: Washington state
That may have been me since i posted a couple of shots. Friend of mine was working on it and lost it all in a hard drive crash. He has no intention of restarting it so feel free to go for it Veltro. \:\)

Fan of anyone in Nascar not driving a Camry.

Wondering around in the aftermath of Black Mesa East.

Top Bookmark and Share
#2348480 - 10/01/07 03:52 PM Re: The Deuce [Re: Stormtrooper]
veltro2k Offline

Its going to have to wait then, Have other birds in the works

— Major Alexander P. de Seversky, USAAF

Top Bookmark and Share
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Forum Use Agreement | Privacy Statement | SimHQ Staff
Copyright 1997-2012, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.