Forum Archives » Complete » Third Wire Series (SF) » Screenies of next Third Wire Jet Game
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Hop to:
#2341638 - 09/19/07 06:00 PM Re: Screenies of next Third Wire Jet Game [Re: Guderian]
Subguru Offline

Loc: Washington, DC
You can't get those F-15s and F-16s to Iran and back without it ;-)

Top Bookmark and Share
#2341656 - 09/19/07 06:14 PM Re: Screenies of next Third Wire Jet Game [Re: Subguru]
Guderian Offline

Loc: People's Republic of Sweden
Agreed, but I'm pretty sure 1982 is the end point and the Israelis and Iranians were on much better terms then.

Seriously, I understand if modders want it but it's not something the Israelis seem to do much. According to the IAF's website their Boeing 707s didn't aquire tanking capability until 1983. The 1981 strike against the Osirak reactor seems to have been flown with external tanks only, and the first IAF mission that relied on air refuelling was probably Operation Wooden Leg in 1985 against the PLO headquarters in Tunis.

Edit: I think the F-15I and F-16I can actually reach Iran without air refuelling. They both have CFTs, and it's not like there are a lot of friendly countries to refuel over on the way either.

Top Bookmark and Share

#2341676 - 09/19/07 06:33 PM Re: Screenies of next Third Wire Jet Game [Re: Guderian]
Guderian Offline

The F-16I has an unrefueled combat strike radius well in excess of 500 miles [800 km]. The extended flight range allows Israeli forces to attack targets well within Iran and Libya without having to refuel.

Source: http://www.israeli-weapons.com

Top Bookmark and Share
#2341871 - 09/20/07 09:08 AM Re: Screenies of next Third Wire Jet Game [Re: Guderian]
Guderian Offline

More info from El Commandante in his forum:

Originally Posted By: TK
It's the next title in the Strike Fighters series, and just like the previous titles in the series (WOV and WOE), it'll feature host of evolutionary improvements across the board, including AI, flight model, avionics, campaign, etc etc... and as before, most of these enhancements will also be made available as free upgrade for SF/WOV/WOE owners, so if you're not interested in our contents, you don't have to buy it.

The game will cover 1967 Six Day War to 1982 Lebanon War. Our current plan (and you know what they say about plans) includes the Super Mystere B.2 (and Sa'ar), Shahak, Nesher, Kfir C2, Ahyt (E and H), Kurnas, Baz, and Netz player flyable.

And for AI-only, Mystere IVA, Vautour IIA, Hunter FGA.59, Mirage IIIE, Mirage V, Il-28, Su-7, Tu-16 and the usual array of MiG-17/19/21/23s as AI planes.

More new aircraft than I thought, and I'm very happy he plans on including so many French ones in addition to the mandatory Mirage.

Shahak = Mirage
Ayit = Skyhawk
Kurnas = Phantom
Baz = F-15
Netz = F-16

PS. Mods, I haven't seen anything about this on the front page?

Top Bookmark and Share
#2341890 - 09/20/07 10:39 AM Re: Screenies of next Third Wire Jet Game [Re: Guderian]
531 Ghost Offline

Loc: MCAS Camp Pendleton
I'll see what I can do Guderian ;\)

Top Bookmark and Share
#2341976 - 09/20/07 12:43 PM Re: Screenies of next Third Wire Jet Game [Re: 531 Ghost]
Jedi Master Offline
Sierra Hotel

Loc: Space Coast, USA
Won't take long to turn those AI-only planes to flyables. ;\)

Oh, any word on merging with WOE or anything?

The Jedi Master

Top Bookmark and Share
#2341998 - 09/20/07 01:07 PM Re: Screenies of next Third Wire Jet Game [Re: Guderian]
PE_Tigar Offline

Originally Posted By: Guderian
The F-16I has an unrefueled combat strike radius well in excess of 500 miles [800 km]. The extended flight range allows Israeli forces to attack targets well within Iran and Libya without having to refuel.

Source: http://www.israeli-weapons.com

For Tunisia PLO HQ strike they needed refueling. Plus you're talking about F-16I, which is Block 50/52+ with CFTs, not the plain old A/Bs we'll presumably have in the new sim.

All in all, the screenshots look like the new version of Jane's IAF minus Lavi :). If it's done well it will be most enjoyable.

Top Bookmark and Share

#2342054 - 09/20/07 02:58 PM Re: Screenies of next Third Wire Jet Game [Re: PE_Tigar]
MoonJumper Offline

Loc: Germany
The Wiki "OP Wooden Leg" article is wrong, there were no F-16 participating.
The PLO HQ strike was done by 8 F-15's, 6 two-seaters and 2 single-seaters.
Plus tankers and F-15 airborne backups until the 1st tanking was accomplished successfully.

Top Bookmark and Share
#2342099 - 09/20/07 03:59 PM Re: Screenies of next Third Wire Jet Game [Re: MoonJumper]
Subguru Offline

Loc: Washington, DC
Slightly off topic, here's an interesting news item:

Israelis ‘blew apart Syrian nuclear cache’

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/middle_east/article2461421.ece

Top Bookmark and Share
#2342312 - 09/20/07 08:10 PM Re: Screenies of next Third Wire Jet Game [Re: Subguru]
Avimimus Offline

I heard that they were working on a new avionics.dll

My personal priorities would go: 1) rocket dispersion 2) more aggressive AI (or AI that is better on the defense) 3) better modability for ground targets/CAS

Top Bookmark and Share
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Forum Use Agreement | Privacy Statement | SimHQ Staff
Copyright 1997-2012, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.