Forum Archives » Complete » Community Hall » Are you ready for some baseball?
Page 73 of 76 < 1 2 ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 >
Topic Options
Hop to:
#2384586 - 11/22/07 03:38 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: PanzerMeyer]
Top Gun Offline
Lifer

Loc: Roch-Vegas NH
 Originally Posted By: PanzerMeyer
Mike Lowell will be staying with the Red Sox. Woohoo!

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3118926

I'm very glad they signed him. One of the guys they're going after now is the Cy Young Pitcher, Santana. But his team is asking for the 2 young pitchers and Jacoby. I would never give away that much young talent for one guy.

Not when you have Shilling and Wakefield getting up there in age and you need youth. Jacoby is going to be an excellent fielder and I would love to see him stay a Red Sox.
Sigma 50-500 & 17-50 F2.8

Top Bookmark and Share
#2384620 - 11/22/07 04:48 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: Top Gun]
PanzerMeyer Offline
Sierra Hotel

Loc: Miami, FL USA
 Originally Posted By: Top Gun
I'm very glad they signed him. One of the guys they're going after now is the Cy Young Pitcher, Santana. But his team is asking for the 2 young pitchers and Jacoby. I would never give away that much young talent for one guy.

Not when you have Shilling and Wakefield getting up there in age and you need youth. Jacoby is going to be an excellent fielder and I would love to see him stay a Red Sox.

That is certainly a tempting trade but I agree that it would not be a good deal for the Sox. Sure, Santana is a great pitcher but to give up 3 good young prospects for him is very risky.

Top Bookmark and Share

#2393526 - 12/04/07 05:07 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: PanzerMeyer]
PanzerMeyer Offline
Sierra Hotel

What do you fellow Sox fans think of this? I dont think we should do it, especially because of Lester. My instinct tells me this would not be a good deal for us.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3140668

Top Bookmark and Share
#2393530 - 12/04/07 05:10 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: PanzerMeyer]
Razorback Offline
Lifer

Loc: Member # 118
I think both the Red Sox and Yankees would be crazy to make the trades proposed.

The Yankees should keep their young talent and the Red Sox don't need the upgrade.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws... encourage... homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."-Jefferson

Top Bookmark and Share
#2393721 - 12/04/07 09:20 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: Razorback]
MrDalgof Offline

Loc: Colorado USA
I have nothing to add on the issue of Yankee or Red Sox trades, but in answer to the original post, yes, I am ready for some baseball. \:\) Spring training never starts soon enough.

Top Bookmark and Share
#2393851 - 12/05/07 01:36 AM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: MrDalgof]
Top Gun Offline
Lifer

Loc: Roch-Vegas NH
When the first proposal was brought up and they wanted 2 of the young guns I was totally against it, and even if they wanted Elsbury I would be against it.

time will tell....
Sigma 50-500 & 17-50 F2.8

Top Bookmark and Share
#2394328 - 12/05/07 06:29 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: Razorback]
PHilA Offline

Loc: Steinbrenners' Gulag
 Originally Posted By: Razorback
I think both the Red Sox and Yankees would be crazy to make the trades proposed.

The Yankees should keep their young talent and the Red Sox don't need the upgrade.

The longer this goes on, the less I welcome the deal. I would prefer no deal actually, only because I really want to see how these kids develop (Lester, Ellsbury, Masterson, Bucholz, etc.)

RB I basically agree but I think the Yankees "need" Santana. The young kids are good, but can you really rely on a rotation of Pettite, Wang, Hughes, Kennedy, and Jabba the beekeeper? Jabba, like Papelbon, maybe better suited in relief, especially if no set up man emerges. Hughes and Kennedy in a full season is a complete unknown. Wang is a quality starter, but not really a dominating #1 ace. He won 19 games, but he has yet to show himself as a big game pitcher. Pettite is aging and had some problems last season. If the Yankees can get Santana for Hughes/Cabrera/Other prospect, I think you have to make that deal. But the Twinkies seem to be playing mickey mouse games. My bet is that they keep him and no deal gets done by anyone.

How about the Detriot Trade? Dontrelle could be a complete bust, but Miguel Cabrera really stacks up that line up.

Top Bookmark and Share

#2394331 - 12/05/07 06:32 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: PHilA]
PanzerMeyer Offline
Sierra Hotel

Originally Posted By: PHilA

How about the Detriot Trade? Dontrelle could be a complete bust, but Miguel Cabrera really stacks up that line up.

The Florida Marlins have contributed greatly to Detroit's success. First losing Pudge Rodriguez and now D. Willis and Miguel Cabrera.

Top Bookmark and Share
#2394339 - 12/05/07 06:36 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: PHilA]
Razorback Offline
Lifer

Loc: Member # 118
 Originally Posted By: PHilA
My bet is that they keep him and no deal gets done by anyone.

I think they have to trade him. I don't think they can afford him next year. They need to get something for him now.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws... encourage... homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."-Jefferson

Top Bookmark and Share
#2394810 - 12/06/07 09:38 AM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: Razorback]
LukeFF Offline

Loc: Riverside, California, USA
Andruw Jones, now playing center field for the Dodgers. Woohoo!

-James 1:19-20

Top Bookmark and Share
Page 73 of 76 < 1 2 ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 >

Forum Use Agreement | Privacy Statement | SimHQ Staff
Copyright 1997-2012, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.