Forum Archives » Complete » Community Hall » Are you ready for some baseball?
Page 17 of 76 < 1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 75 76 >
Topic Options
Hop to:
#2208548 - 05/11/07 03:03 AM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: PanzerMeyer]
PanzerMeyer Offline
Sierra Hotel

Loc: Miami, FL USA
I know it's early but the BoSox look mighty impressive so far. The bats are alive and the pitching is doing great even though Dice-K is not living up to his hype so far.

Top Bookmark and Share
#2208829 - 05/11/07 01:49 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: PanzerMeyer]
PHilA Offline

Loc: Steinbrenners' Gulag
The Jays absolutely killed them last year so it's nice to return the favor. By the way, Jay Gibbons waay overmanages that team. He's to blame somewhat and I think his days are numbered. Would that result in the return of Bobby Valentine to North America? ;\)

I would like to see the Sox open up some real ground here in the division and maybe make the return of the Texas Con Man to the Bronx somewhat of a moot point. But I think they were up by 7 games early in 2005 and yet still lost the division. If they can go ten up on the Yankees, then perhaps I'll be dumb enough to start thinking that this could be the year they run away with it (the division).

Schilling: talking and blogging way too much. I beginning to side with Dan Shaughnessy...

How about those Brewers? And what of Cleveland? Leading the Central Division with Trot Nixon in RF. (Trot's hot, but you know it can't last).

Top Bookmark and Share

#2208838 - 05/11/07 02:00 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: PHilA]
PanzerMeyer Offline
Sierra Hotel

Originally Posted By: PHilA

How about those Brewers? And what of Cleveland?

I think most fans are still shocked at how well the Brewers are playing. I mean, how long have they stunk for? Maybe about 15 years?

Top Bookmark and Share
#2208839 - 05/11/07 02:01 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: Top Gun]
Leeman Offline

Loc: New England
What Schilling said about Bonds and steroids is acceptable. But, he should not have mentioned anything about Bonds regarding his taxes or his (alleged) infidelities.

I think Schilling over-did his apology. He practically took it all back, which is a mistake.

Schilling turtled in front of the Supreme Court and now he's backtracked again. He should have shown this much backbone a few years ago.

Anyway, as a Sox fan, I'd rather not have the distraction. The team is on a roll and they don't need this aggravation.

Top Bookmark and Share
#2208851 - 05/11/07 02:18 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: Leeman]
PHilA Offline

Originally Posted By: Leeman
What Schilling said about Bonds and steroids is acceptable. But, he should not have mentioned anything about Bonds regarding his taxes or his (alleged) infidelities.

I think Schilling over-did his apology. He practically took it all back, which is a mistake.

Schilling turtled in front of the Supreme Court and now he's backtracked again. He should have shown this much backbone a few years ago.

Anyway, as a Sox fan, I'd rather not have the distraction. The team is on a roll and they don't need this aggravation.

That's just Schilling being Schilling!

Top Bookmark and Share
#2208853 - 05/11/07 02:21 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: PanzerMeyer]
PHilA Offline

Originally Posted By: PanzerMeyer
Originally Posted By: PHilA

How about those Brewers? And what of Cleveland?

I think most fans are still shocked at how well the Brewers are playing. I mean, how long have they stunk for? Maybe about 15 years?

Milwaukee has been quietly building a very good team over the last few years. I'm really not that surprised. But because there are so many teams in that division it's easy to overlook them.

Top Bookmark and Share
#2208884 - 05/11/07 03:14 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: PHilA]
531 Ghost Offline

Loc: MCAS Camp Pendleton
Both my teams are on top in their divisions? There must be something wrong. Wait, the All Star break hasn't happened yet. Give 'em time. Go Dodgers! Go CA Angels! ;\)

Top Bookmark and Share

#2208886 - 05/11/07 03:18 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: PanzerMeyer]
PanzerMeyer Offline
Sierra Hotel

El Papi is the greatest in the world. He's DA man.

Top Bookmark and Share
#2210953 - 05/14/07 12:07 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: PanzerMeyer]
Top Gun Offline
Lifer

Loc: Roch-Vegas NH
what a come back yesterday, I never expected that to happen. I don't understand why they pulled the pitcher when he was owning the Sox. Hind sight....
Sigma 50-500 & 17-50 F2.8

Top Bookmark and Share
#2210957 - 05/14/07 12:09 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: Top Gun]
PanzerMeyer Offline
Sierra Hotel

Originally Posted By: Top Gun
what a come back yesterday, I never expected that to happen. I don't understand why they pulled the pitcher when he was owning the Sox. Hind sight....

That was an amazing comeback indeed. Everything is simply going the Sox way so far. Lets hope it stays like that!

We play Detroit tonight so it will be tough.

Top Bookmark and Share
Page 17 of 76 < 1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 75 76 >

Forum Use Agreement | Privacy Statement | SimHQ Staff
Copyright 1997-2012, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.