Forum Archives » Complete » Community Hall » Are you ready for some baseball?
Page 57 of 76 < 1 2 ... 55 56 57 58 59 ... 75 76 >
Topic Options
Hop to:
#2353914 - 10/09/07 02:27 AM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: Top Gun]
LeemzHQ Offline

Loc: Massachusetts
As a lifelong Sox fan, I couldn't possibly be more tired of the Sox/Yanks rivalry. Not to mention the fact that the games take A FREAKIN' ETERNITY TO FINISH everytime these two teams play. I can't stand having to stay up till the middle of the night for the games to conclude. It's ridiculous.

$28 million (pro-rated) for Clemens to go 6-6? If Cashman tries to bring him back again HE should be fired.

Torre deserves to leave on his own terms. Big Stein is a drooling idiot.

I can't see A-Rod staying in NY. And I don't see him being a fit in Boston. Maybe the Angels (if they have the dough) or Chicago. But, I'd be shocked if he returns to NY. Short of hitting a World Series winning HR in the bottom of the 9th with 2 outs he'll always be thought of as a choker by NY fans.

Top Bookmark and Share
#2353937 - 10/09/07 03:04 AM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: Top Gun]
USAFMTL Offline
Lifer

Loc: WPAFB, Dayton, Oh
I am listening to ESPN radio coverage of the while watching it on TV so I don't have to listen to TBS's terrible broadcasting....sheesh they could put a deaf man to sleep.

Top Bookmark and Share

#2353966 - 10/09/07 03:42 AM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: USAFMTL]
USAFMTL Offline
Lifer

Loc: WPAFB, Dayton, Oh
And that is that folks......goodbye Yankees....thank god.....

Top Bookmark and Share
#2353984 - 10/09/07 04:19 AM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: PanzerMeyer]
PanzerMeyer Offline
Sierra Hotel

Loc: Miami, FL USA
Bring on the Tribe!!

I like Joe Torre and will be sad to see him go.

Top Bookmark and Share
#2354047 - 10/09/07 08:19 AM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: Top Gun]
Razorback Offline
Lifer

Loc: Member # 118
 Originally Posted By: Top Gun
Razor, do you think the Yanks will try to bring Roger back again or will they finally start to go younger on the mound? I gotta say, that commercial of him and his wife is funny! \:D

I hope they never think about bringing him back... though the commercial was great.

Originally Posted By: Top Gun
I also wonder if A-Rod will stay or go.

I think he will stay. He is the king of NYC now... but you never know. Big money talks.

P.S.

I think the "choker" thing is over. I did not hear many Yankees fans talk about it this time around. Jeter failed us big time.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws... encourage... homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."-Jefferson

Top Bookmark and Share
#2354165 - 10/09/07 01:00 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: PanzerMeyer]
PanzerMeyer Offline
Sierra Hotel

I dont understand all the talk about A-Rod leaving the Yankees. Why would he be leaving the team? Just because they didn't win the World Series or because Joe Torre is leaving?

Top Bookmark and Share
#2354200 - 10/09/07 01:38 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: PanzerMeyer]
PHilA Offline

Loc: Steinbrenners' Gulag
A-rod may leave because he may have done all he can possibly do with the Yankees, which is now officially a team in transition on a whole number of levels. If you're A-rod, why deal with it? He can have the same level of success and more personal comfort in a place like Anaheim, with less stress and an equally good shot at the postseason. Plus the Angels need a bat.

I'm a bit surprised the Yankees went out in this round. But not shocked. Alot of fans thought Cleveland was the road less travelled but the Tribes time may have come. Instead of firing Torre, I think the Boss should can BRAIN Ca$hman instead. Doing the Clemens deal was a deal with the devil and the Texas Con Man delivered in vintage Clemens fashion.

Bugs in Cleveland. There was alot talk about it and at times I thought Jabba Chamberlain was a bee-keeper. Crazy stuff, but the bugs were there for both teams.

Boston vs. Cleveland. It would be nice if the Red Sox reach the WS again. But if it's the Tribe's year, so be it. They haven't won since '48, and I like Trot Nixon and Kelly Shoppach. It's like a stress free ALCS!

Top Bookmark and Share

#2354257 - 10/09/07 02:56 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: PHilA]
PanzerMeyer Offline
Sierra Hotel

Originally Posted By: PHilA

Boston vs. Cleveland. It would be nice if the Red Sox reach the WS again. But if it's the Tribe's year, so be it. They haven't won since '48, and I like Trot Nixon and Kelly Shoppach. It's like a stress free ALCS!

It wont be a stress free ALCS for me. Just because the Red Sox aren't playing the Yankees for the AL pennant, that doesn't mean that my fervor and desire for the Sox to win will be any less. I will still be watching close games while standing in front of my tv. :-)

Top Bookmark and Share
#2354306 - 10/09/07 04:39 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: PanzerMeyer]
Leeman Offline

Loc: New England
The Yankees. Aww, that's a shame. $200 million just doesn't buy what it used to.

If I'm the Yankees I'm praying that A-Rod finds a better deal elsewhere. His performance in the playoffs since he's been in NY has been abysmal. Batting .136 in his last 59 playoff at-bats. 0-27 with runners in scoring position. His only RBI in his last 59 playoff at bats came last night on his meaningless solo-HR. He's a great ball player but he flat-out sucks when it counts.

Top Bookmark and Share
#2354456 - 10/09/07 07:29 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: Leeman]
PHilA Offline

Loc: Steinbrenners' Gulag
That's the perception, but the truth is the whole team stunk with RISP. Worse than A-rod in the post season this year was Captain Jeter, but he gets a pass. Who's on the back pages? A-rod. Who grounded into double plays? Jeter. But they wouldn't have made it to the post season without A-rod this year.

A-rod should ditch New York. The kin folk say California is the place he ought to be...Swimming pools...Movie Stars...Strippers! Cue dueling banjos.

On another note, I may have to buy that photo of Manny "sticking the landing" from Friday night. Manny being Manny:

http://photostore.mlb.com/perl/gal?proce...1&sequencenum=0

But 0nly a 8.5 score from the Russian Judge...

Top Bookmark and Share
Page 57 of 76 < 1 2 ... 55 56 57 58 59 ... 75 76 >

Forum Use Agreement | Privacy Statement | SimHQ Staff
Copyright 1997-2012, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.