Forum Archives » Complete » IL-2 Sturmovik » Battle over Europe. Info needed on files installed and any Patches. Anyone list them please?i
Topic Options
Hop to:
#2289236 - 08/19/07 04:03 PM Battle over Europe. Info needed on files installed and any Patches. Anyone list them please?i
Mysticpuma2003 Offline

Loc: Birmingham, UK
Hi guys, apologies for asking this.

My install disk of BoE is corrupted and wont work. I've just found this out after a complete re-intsll of IL2 1946, The Last Days and Ostfront.

I do however still have the old folder on my PC that I installed it to originally. Although not ideal, I am going to copy the BoE files over into the new install which should do the trick.

I have searched for BoE and it found 4 folders and a stack of skins.

The folders were located in Net, Co-op, Single GB and Single US. I thought that BoE was also a Campaign release, and I'm puzzled as to why there is no folder in there?

So, could anyone who has BoE installed or knows which files are actually installed (and also which folders), please list them here.

Secondly, before I install the enjoyr patches, is there a BoE patch that I need before I do that?

Thanks for any response, I will be away from my PC for a week, so apologies if I can't reply (I will try though).

Thanks, MP.

Edited by Mysticpuma2003 (08/19/07 04:35 PM)

Top Bookmark and Share
#2289280 - 08/19/07 05:44 PM Re: Battle over Europe. Info needed on files installed and any Patches. Anyone list them please?i [Re: Mysticpuma2003]
Skycat Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania or Montana
All of BoE's offline campaigns are DGen campaigns. Most of the files (everything other than skins and the single missions) will be in your game's DGen folder. I can't remember all of the files but look for the obvious ones like Normandy.ops and Ardennes.ops. The campaigns themselves are usually referenced by code; I can't rememember which ones specifically but let's say that the American P-38 career for BoE is USJ. You'd have to transfer over files with names like campaignsUSJ.dat, planesUSJ.dat, and squadronsUSJ.dat.

The first major patch was the BoE_AEP patch. That one was an update that paralleled Aces Expansion Pack, so it basically added the RAF campaigns as well as a US P-38 career and Luftwaffe Bf110, Me-163 and other careers. That patch was official and was designed so that the installer has to 'see' Aces Expansion Pack in your registry before it will decompress its contents. You may even need the BoE disc in your drive as well, but I can't remember for sure. The remaining updates were unofficially provided by Starshoy through his own site and also hosted at mirror sites like Airwarfare.com. I specifically rememember the A-20 and B-25 from Pacific Fighters being added as career options but I know that there was more also. These updates are all included in Enjoyr's patch series.

The NGen campaigns are designed to be played online but can be played offline also through the multiplayer Net and Coop functions of the game.

Top Bookmark and Share

#2289288 - 08/19/07 05:58 PM Re: Battle over Europe. Info needed on files installed and any Patches. Anyone list them please?i [Re: Skycat]
Skycat Offline

I think in your case the best solution would be to make a copy of your 1946 game's DGen folder (just to be safe) and then transfer over your old DGen folder to your new PC in its entirety. I'm assuming that you also had BoE, TLD and OstFront installed on the old computer? If TLD and OstFront installed without hassle on the new computer then you should already have in 1946 all the skins, single missions, etc. that would have come with those add-ons so I'm postulating that with a transfer of the the entire old DGen folder you'll be in full business. Try the Enjoyr patches over that for the additional user-made campaigns.

Top Bookmark and Share
#2289369 - 08/19/07 07:58 PM Re: Battle over Europe. Info needed on files installed and any Patches. Anyone list them please?i [Re: Skycat]
Mysticpuma2003 Offline

Loc: Birmingham, UK
Thanks for the advice Skycat, but I have just ordered a new copy of BoE (as it is only fair that I support the makers of one of the best add-ons out there) and will go for the full install later when I return from hols ;\)

The install so-far is IL2:1946/Ostrfont/The Last Days, all of which work fine. I have just patched to 4.08 and will install BoE when it comes.

Next will be the enjoyr patch for 46+BoE+Ost+TLD

Then skin patch A and B.

Do you think I should re-patch it to 4.08 after the BoE install?

Of the user made campaigns currently I have Hurricane Season, Stormclouds (Part 1) and that's about it really.

Thanks for the help though, cheers, MP.

Top Bookmark and Share
#2289433 - 08/19/07 10:03 PM Re: Battle over Europe. Info needed on files installed and any Patches. Anyone list them please?i [Re: Mysticpuma2003]
Skycat Offline

I don't know of a reason why you should have to reapply the 4.08 patch once you are up to that version. If you put the Enjoyr patches on last, and use the DGen.exe that is included within Enjoyr's pack, you should be as up to date as possible, at least until (if) the 4.09 patch comes.

Top Bookmark and Share

Forum Use Agreement | Privacy Statement | SimHQ Staff
Copyright 1997-2012, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.