Forum Archives » Complete » IL-2 Sturmovik » VISTA (IL2 +AEP+PF) MERGED INSTALL PROBLEM
Topic Options
Hop to:
#2140451 - 02/17/07 03:32 PM VISTA (IL2 +AEP+PF) MERGED INSTALL PROBLEM
jsotham Offline

Sorry if this has been addressed elsewhere - I looked through the posts and could not find a similar issue noted..

I am running Windows Vista (32 bit) and am trying to do a merged install (IL2+AEP+PF). I have succesfully installed IL2; however, when I try and install AEP, I keep getting the following error:

"IL2 Forgotten Battles Not Found"

I've tried initiating the AEP install from running numerous files on the CD (indluding "setup") but to no avail..

Has anyone been able to figure out a workaround (other that a dual boot configuration or re-installing xp)?

Cheers

Top Bookmark and Share
#2140885 - 02/18/07 02:50 AM Re: VISTA (IL2 +AEP+PF) MERGED INSTALL PROBLEM [Re: jsotham]
naz Offline

Loc: Sydney, Australia

Top Bookmark and Share

#2145046 - 02/23/07 02:34 PM Re: VISTA (IL2 +AEP+PF) MERGED INSTALL PROBLEM [Re: naz]
jsotham Offline

No Ive already seen that - it doesn't provide a solution.

Top Bookmark and Share
#2156205 - 03/10/07 05:13 AM Re: VISTA (IL2 +AEP+PF) MERGED INSTALL PROBLEM [Re: jsotham]
jsotham Offline

I'm kind of surprised that I have still been unable to find a solution to this problem....Anyone know of any other sources of information on resolutions to this problem?

Top Bookmark and Share
#2156253 - 03/10/07 08:05 AM Re: VISTA (IL2 +AEP+PF) MERGED INSTALL PROBLEM [Re: jsotham]
Skycat Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania or Montana
This is an obvious question, but ...

When you said "(IL-2+AEP+PF)" did you really mean "Forgotten Battles+AEP+PF"? The original game, titled IL-2 Sturmovik, was superseded by FB and isn't compatible with AEP.

Top Bookmark and Share
#2156436 - 03/10/07 03:57 PM Re: VISTA (IL2 +AEP+PF) MERGED INSTALL PROBLEM [Re: Skycat]
jsotham Offline

Correct.

I may have found a solution on the UBI support site. I have't tried it yet but (since it is sitting in my copy/paste queue) I'll post it here:

Question
When I try to install the Ace Expansion pack for IL2: Forgotten Battles, I get a message that says it cannot find the Forgotten Battles Installation. I know Forgotten Battles is installed. What is going on?

Answer
If you are having this problem trying to install the IL2: Forgotten Battles Ace Expansion, you will need to uninstall IL2: Forgotten Battles and delete the files and folders left over in the game directory. Then when you go to reinstall IL2: Forgotten Battles, make sure that the auto-run menu pops up asking you to select an installation language. If this auto-run box does not pop up, browse the game disk and double-click the autorun.exe to force the auto-run menu. After selecting the installation language, the IL2: Forgotten Battles installation should continue as normal. Once you have successfully reinstalled IL2: Forgotten Battles, you should now be able to install the Ace Expansion without problems.

Top Bookmark and Share
#2289134 - 08/19/07 12:47 PM Re: VISTA (IL2 +AEP+PF) MERGED INSTALL PROBLEM [Re: jsotham]
kedur Offline

I am having this problem my self ... UGH ... I did recieve the pop up windown to select the language during the install procedure.

Top Bookmark and Share

#2289432 - 08/19/07 10:02 PM Re: VISTA (IL2 +AEP+PF) MERGED INSTALL PROBLEM [Re: kedur]
Flying Hedman Offline

Loc: Mölnbo, Sweden
If you had this problem in XP you´d have to go into Win register and find the IL2 forgotten battles there and in one of the folders find "language=" and it has to be "eng"!! If the line was missing or read something else you had to fill it in. I´m not sure if this applies to vista but do a checkout.
I´m sorry but I cannot recall the name of the folder you need to find but I´m sure someone here can fill you in!
Good luck and please report back if you find a solution!

Top Bookmark and Share

Forum Use Agreement | Privacy Statement | SimHQ Staff
Copyright 1997-2012, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.