Forum Archives » Complete » IL-2 Sturmovik » Gutted
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Hop to:
#2289089 - 08/19/07 09:46 AM Re: Gutted [Re: Ming_EAF19]
Nixer Offline

Loc: FL, Lousiana and points South
Cmon Ming, you've had that Lilliputian version of, hmmmmm, the Isle of, well you know that little island off Normandy. ;\)

Anyway us Western front guys have had that island for awhile now, and I still can't find London on it!

Coodinates please.

Berlin...that's easy, just watch your framerates, kind of a FPS Nav system.

Anyway, I still fly, when I do, campaigns with the If you die you die thing. Hardly get past takeoff much anymore.

Bob Dylan

Top Bookmark and Share
#2289113 - 08/19/07 11:26 AM Re: Gutted [Re: Nixer]
VonBarb. Offline

Loc: Suburbia,France
I nearly never die in my campaigns, but I do wreck my plane every bloody time. All campaigns put together, plus single missions, my 109 landing succes rate doesn't exceed 10%, whatever variant... and thats when I manage to bring the darn Messer back home.
I guess that would have pretty much got me kicked from the Luftwaffe for 'attempting to sabotage the war effort' or something like that.

Never got passed the first mission in any of my carrier campaigns, so DID would kill the fun I guess, unless parachuting on the deck is an accepted form of landing \:D

Cheers

Nico

Top Bookmark and Share

#2289295 - 08/19/07 06:13 PM Re: Gutted [Re: VonBarb.]
BulletCowboy Offline

Loc: Iola, TX
Any landing you can walk away from is a good landing. I come back in a hurry quite often, and usually don't have any gear (or they're severely weakened). I belly in next to the airfield a lot.

DiD... Depends on the mood. I once made it through a Slovak campaign without dying, although I did get hospitalized three times. I've died in my Polish campaign, but most times were by over zealous wingmen going in for the kill. I'll usually refly those. However, if I honestly died (out flown, didn't see him, made a mistake), I'll end the campaign.

Sometimes I find myself wanting to see fighters on a long patrol. Sometimes I run into enough of them, I wish I could take it back. \:\)

Top Bookmark and Share
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Forum Use Agreement | Privacy Statement | SimHQ Staff
Copyright 1997-2012, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.