Forum Archives » Complete » IL-2 Sturmovik » OT - Korea radio play
Topic Options
Hop to:
#2283646 - 08/13/07 06:26 PM OT - Korea radio play
Solnyshko33 Offline

Loc: London, UK
Ascent: Jed Mercurio's epic novel of exploration and endurance, abridged by Lisa Osborne. 1/10: In Korea in 1952, a young jet pilot dreams of glory. Read by Ben Daniels.

Ten 15min episodes, the first of which expires tonight on the BBC R4 Listen Again microsite

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/arts/book_bedtime.shtml

Not everyday I'd recommend BBC R4 book at bedtime, but this really caught my attention at the beginning of last week. I missed every episode since so am catching up now (note that the 15min instalments will start being overwritten from today, so if you want to catch the 1st episode you'd better be quick)

Ascent, By Jed Mercurio

Publisher's description
In the Korean War, Yefgenii Yeremin shoots down more American jets than any other pilot in history. He becomes the legendary ace dubbed 'Ivan the Terrible'.

Grab it today as the 1st episode will expire this evening

Top Bookmark and Share
#2284847 - 08/15/07 12:44 AM Re: OT - Korea radio play [Re: Solnyshko33]
No105_Ogdens Offline

Loc: Shipdham, Norfolk 1944
Thanks for the heads up, you can get some great reads on Book at Bedtime. I used to listen regularly on my clock radio way back in the late 70's and 80's, often falling asleep, but there were many interesting books to be heard.

"Cricket itself is an entertainment and does not require such cheerleaders to entertain,"

Top Bookmark and Share

#2285091 - 08/15/07 09:23 AM Re: OT - Korea radio play [Re: No105_Ogdens]
TROOPER117 Offline

Loc: UK
Listened to the whole thing.. very good, it held my attension all the way through each episode.

Top Bookmark and Share

Forum Use Agreement | Privacy Statement | SimHQ Staff
Copyright 1997-2012, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.