Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Hop to:
#2285179 - 08/15/07 12:58 PM Re: For Sale [Re: Lewis-A2A]
Trip Offline

Loc: Cloud 9
"Might be heading out and back to Africa in the next year"

Toto ..this is not Kansas ;=)

Thatsa gr8 deal on the joystick! Good luck down in Africa \:\)

Top Bookmark and Share
#2285314 - 08/15/07 02:47 PM Re: For Sale [Re: Lewis-A2A]
Baco Offline

Loc: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Sensei, do this things work on IL-2? or are they exclusivley to use with the FS series?

I mean can you just asign keys to them?

Top Bookmark and Share

#2285337 - 08/15/07 03:07 PM Re: For Sale [Re: Lewis-A2A]
WWSensei Offline

Originally Posted By: Lewis-Shockwave
computers dont just die the way you describe them doing a computers life should go on way past a humans, so what are you doing to them to make them die?

Maybe bad compnents such as ram?

Sigh. OK, just to be clear. If this comes across as rude or short forgive me. It isn't intended to be. Just getting into waaay more detail than I thought I'd have to.

I am a geek. Professional, programming, managing techno-geek. I have more computers in my home than I do people. I have more networks in my home than I do people. Hell, I have more wireless networks in my home than I do people. I do more things with my cell phone as a small computer than most people use theirs for making phone calls. If I were to make a list of what I do with computers in order of priority it would be something like:

1) Programming
2) Video editing
3) Audio editing
4) Video/Audio streaming
9999) Video game playing.

I only had one Windows box and all it was used for was IL2. I bought it 5 years ago. IL2 was really the only game I played. I started losing interest in it about a year ago and only stayed active with my squad. Now that the one machine I used for game playing has gone Tango Uniform and, my interest has faded, I looked around and had all this flight equipment I won't be using laying around and decided to de-clutter the environment.

It's up for sale. It's that simple. If not here then on E-Bay.

Once I wrap my work at this current job I'm headed back overseas (where I've spent most of my life) and probably to Africa (where I've spent a good portion of my overseas time). There is a lot of stuff I want to do there--finishing up some of the work I started a few years back. Lots of the places I'll be headed won't even have electricity. In the grand scheme of things virtual flying--and more importanly, my desire to do so--just isn't in my future for the next few years.

Top Bookmark and Share
#2285340 - 08/15/07 03:09 PM Re: For Sale [Re: Baco]
WWSensei Offline

Originally Posted By: Baco
Sensei, do this things work on IL-2? or are they exclusivley to use with the FS series?

I mean can you just asign keys to them?

The stick and pedals are USB standard flight sim fare. Goflight modules are USB and there is a keymapper (capable of multikey macros as well). http://www.goflightinc.com

If you are a MSFS fan they work directly with FS9 and FSX.

Top Bookmark and Share
#2285384 - 08/15/07 03:52 PM Re: For Sale [Re: WWSensei]
Baco Offline

Loc: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Onlly combat sims here.. but if I can program it, I acan use it ;).
Check PM.

Top Bookmark and Share
#2285901 - 08/16/07 03:24 AM Re: For Sale [Re: Baco]
W-Molders Offline

Ill take the fighter Stick PM me

Top Bookmark and Share
#2285951 - 08/16/07 07:03 AM Re: For Sale [Re: W-Molders]
*Buzzsaw* Offline

Salute Sensei

Sorry to hear you are out of the hobby.

Always enjoyed your presence on the RED BARON servers, as well as your contributions to that community.

As they say: "Never say Never."

You may come back one day and discover the wonders of virtual flight all over again. It's going to get better... that you can count on.

Cheers RAF74_Buzzsaw

Top Bookmark and Share

#2286492 - 08/16/07 08:02 PM Re: For Sale [Re: *Buzzsaw*]
Nixer Offline

Loc: FL, Lousiana and points South
Best of luck to you sir.

Bob Dylan

Top Bookmark and Share
#2286602 - 08/16/07 10:39 PM Re: For Sale [Re: Nixer]
Brigstock Offline

Loc: London, England
Sensei
As Buzzsaw says for as long as I've been simming your name has always been there. Right at the beginning of my simming on RB and the Delphi boards.
Good luck with your future and I hope your plans work out.

S! Sir

Top Bookmark and Share
#2287466 - 08/18/07 12:51 AM Re: For Sale [Re: WWSensei]
RAF74_Stew Offline

Loc: Norcross, Ga USA
S! Sensei

One of my most profound and humbling memories harks back to the RB days. Scenerio: a war setting against JG1 SE of Bethune just over the mud on the hun side. Stew is in an N17, hits the "E" button, sees a bad guy and dives to engage. I unload my guns only to realize that I should have also hit the "F" button... With on magnificent burst I bring down Sensei instead of the Alb. You had all rights to put me in my place for such poor SA, but instead you were a complete gentlemen.

No talking you out of your decision, here, mate. Just a big thank you for being one of the guys who defined "community" for many years. That word does not get used much anymore like it did in RB, but you are one of those who's impact will be with us for many years.

As my sig says, I am still a junior member after 6 years on this board LOL. However, I just wanted to stop and say best wishes and good luck to you, Sensei! You will be missed.

Stew

PS- PM to follow on the hardware

Top Bookmark and Share
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Forum Use Agreement | Privacy Statement | SimHQ Staff
Copyright 1997-2012, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.