Forum Archives » Complete » IL-2 Sturmovik » New Royal Navy campaign on M4T
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Hop to:
#2273275 - 07/31/07 07:31 PM Re: New Royal Navy campaign on M4T [Re: Swoose]
Billy Pryce Offline

Loc: Skelmorlie, Scotland, UK
Now that's a coincidence, I'm reading that very book right now and thoroughly enjoying it. Hope you like the campaign Swoose.

Top Bookmark and Share
#2273662 - 08/01/07 05:10 AM Re: New Royal Navy campaign on M4T [Re: Swoose]
FltLt HardBall Offline

Loc: Kiwi abroad... Seoul, South Ko...
Hi,

Enjoying the chance to mix the Martlett up with some non-Japanese types, thanks!

I ran across a wee problem in the Condor intercept mission. I got back to the convoy and there was no carrier. I flew up and down the convoy feeling that I was a bit thick, but no joy. When I reviewed the track I discovered that the carrier runs down another ship and sinks almost immediately. It might pay to check the way-point tracks of the convoy shops to make sure they don't intersect ;\)

Top Bookmark and Share

#2274179 - 08/01/07 08:34 PM Re: New Royal Navy campaign on M4T [Re: FltLt HardBall]
Billy Pryce Offline

Cripes, thanks Hardball. When I was testing that mission I never got back to the carrier, ditched every time. lol.

Top Bookmark and Share
#2274955 - 08/02/07 08:35 PM Re: New Royal Navy campaign on M4T [Re: Billy Pryce]
DaveKelly Offline

Loc: Buckley North Wales
I have just had a play with this and my engine sounds rough and after take off it conks out! What am I doing wrong

Top Bookmark and Share
#2274998 - 08/02/07 09:45 PM Re: New Royal Navy campaign on M4T [Re: DaveKelly]
stathem Offline

Loc: Republic of Mancunia
Originally Posted By: DaveKelly
I have just had a play with this and my engine sounds rough and after take off it conks out! What am I doing wrong

First mission? The heavy turbulence is causing the Glad engine to go into negative G, where it cuts out. You're not necessarily doing anything wrong, just keep climbing till you get above it.

Thanks for the campaign Billy, I only got the first mission done so far; coming into land my TiR napped it and I flipped the Gladiator. Looking forward to getting stuck in properly.

Top Bookmark and Share
#2275138 - 08/03/07 01:01 AM Re: New Royal Navy campaign on M4T [Re: stathem]
FltLt HardBall Offline

Really enjoyed the mission where you intercept the big raid of Ju-88s, He-111s and Stukas. At the beginning I was thinking, "OMG, how are we going to deal with all of these - the fleet is doomed - DOOMED!"

However, the Hurris dealt with the fighters leaving the Martletts to tackle the bombers. I decided to go for the Heinkels since I figured their torpedoes were the most dangerous. Lo and behold those things blow up quite easily with 1,500 kg of high explosive strapped underneath them.

In the end only a few German aircraft made it to the fleet and I don't think any of their bombs hit the carriers. Only 1 Ju-88 and 2 Stukas made it back out to sea... I became an ace-in-a-day on that mission - awesome!

Edited by FltLt HardBall (08/03/07 01:03 AM)

Top Bookmark and Share
#2275640 - 08/03/07 03:53 PM Re: New Royal Navy campaign on M4T [Re: stathem]
DaveKelly Offline

Originally Posted By: stathem
Originally Posted By: DaveKelly

First mission? The heavy turbulence is causing the Glad engine to go into negative G, where it cuts out. You're not necessarily doing anything wrong, just keep climbing till you get above it.

Thanks for the tip. the engine still conked out and I had to glide in \:\)

Top Bookmark and Share

#2276654 - 08/04/07 08:25 PM Re: New Royal Navy campaign on M4T [Re: DaveKelly]
Billy Pryce Offline

Thanks for the comments guys. Dave, you won't have to put up with the Glad for long, hope you stick with it until the Martletts arrive.

Top Bookmark and Share
#2276777 - 08/04/07 11:47 PM Re: New Royal Navy campaign on M4T [Re: Billy Pryce]
FltLt HardBall Offline

Alternatively, just turn off wind and turbulence and re-start the campaign - all it does is piss you off. Since the enemy AI isn't affected by it, it's an unfair handicap, IMO.

Top Bookmark and Share
#2276991 - 08/05/07 10:31 AM Re: New Royal Navy campaign on M4T [Re: Billy Pryce]
DaveKelly Offline

Originally Posted By: Billy Pryce
Thanks for the comments guys. Dave, you won't have to put up with the Glad for long, hope you stick with it until the Martletts arrive.

I am now in the dessert

Top Bookmark and Share
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Forum Use Agreement | Privacy Statement | SimHQ Staff
Copyright 1997-2012, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.