Forum Archives » Complete » IL-2 Sturmovik » (CAMPAIGN) Fortress Malta
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
Hop to:
#2279815 - 08/09/07 09:14 AM Re: (CAMPAIGN) Fortress Malta [Re: FlatSpinMan]
TROOPER117 Offline

Loc: UK
Top tip.. Dial in some elevator trim to get that nose up rapidly before you attempt to take off that deck.. Works for me everytime.. \:\)

Top Bookmark and Share
#2282650 - 08/12/07 02:31 PM Re: (CAMPAIGN) Fortress Malta [Re: TROOPER117]
FlatSpinMan Offline

Loc: Land of the Rising Sun
Thanks Trooper. managed to get it sorted eventually but got way off track in the big raid mission - I was chasing a friendly float plane. I'm playing around with No Icons in this campaign but truth be told I'm mainly just turning them off when the action happens so that I rely on my judgement rather than the range indicator before opening fire. I find that this way makes me really enjoy the custom skins in the campaign for the brief seconds before I send them crashing down in flames!!

I just played the second Spit Vc mission and had a great time dogfighting with teh full range of Italian aircraft. Had an epic fight with one, can't believe it was AI flying it. In addition to shooting down several I also succeeded in flying a few of them into the ground - literally. The hills above the airbase are a pilot's funeral pyre tonight.

So far I think this campaign is fun. I like the variety of aircraft I'm encountering (and flying for that matter, too) and the amount of action there is. One weak point in my view is the briefings, which are rather telegrammatic. If they had included some info about the pilot or the battle itself then this would have been even more satisfying. Still good fun missions to fly.

Top Bookmark and Share

#2282721 - 08/12/07 04:22 PM Re: (CAMPAIGN) Fortress Malta [Re: FlatSpinMan]
vpmedia Offline

Loc: I-I I_I I\I
Thanks. I dont wanted to ruin the whole picture with briefings in my bad english \:\) and also thought that this ( http://www.vpmedia.hu/il2/malta/ ) would give enough background for immersion.

Top Bookmark and Share
#2282768 - 08/12/07 06:07 PM Re: (CAMPAIGN) Fortress Malta [Re: vpmedia]
TROOPER117 Offline

The map is a good ref by the way.. Been using it to fly the campaign

Top Bookmark and Share
#2283012 - 08/13/07 12:37 AM Re: (CAMPAIGN) Fortress Malta [Re: TROOPER117]
FlatSpinMan Offline

Loc: Land of the Rising Sun
That info on your site was really interesting vp. Malta looks like a stunning place to visit in terms of architecture. Was that info included in the download fle? If so I didn't notice it but it certainly does create a sense of what's happening in the campaign.
I can totally sympathise with language problems. Briefings can be a pain to write at the best of times but doing it in a foreign language just increases the problem.

Top Bookmark and Share
#2283217 - 08/13/07 08:47 AM Re: (CAMPAIGN) Fortress Malta [Re: FlatSpinMan]
TROOPER117 Offline

Completed.. 16 hard won kills!
Considering the short length of the campaign, reckon I did well to get that amount.. Some of em were little buggers to bring down!

Top Bookmark and Share
#2283670 - 08/13/07 06:40 PM Re: (CAMPAIGN) Fortress Malta [Re: TROOPER117]
smoker Offline

FlatSpinMan - Malta is indeed an amazing place for its history. Truely stunning neolithic temples, several that are easily equal to Stonehenge. The "Three Cities" opposite Valetta were heavily bombed of course, but predate Valetta which was built after the Great Siege by the Ottoman Turks. Virtually all the older buildings are Baroque, post the great earthquake which devastated Sicily too (in ~1696?). Then all the WW2 history.

On the downside, it's crowded and not everyone likes the crumbling chaos! For just sun, sea and sand go elsewhere.

vpmedia - I'd happily write some briefs in roughly the style of the time if you like. I've currently got "Spitfires over Malta" out from the Library. It would have to be in September though.

smoker

Top Bookmark and Share

#2285103 - 08/15/07 10:08 AM Re: (CAMPAIGN) Fortress Malta [Re: FlatSpinMan]
Salama Offline

Loc: London, UK.
Originally Posted By: FlatSpinMan
I'm playing around with No Icons in this campaign but truth be told I'm mainly just turning them off when the action happens

Hi FlatSpinMan
Pardon my ignorance, but how do you do this?
I'm also playing this campaign and am enjoying it a lot.

Top Bookmark and Share
#2285148 - 08/15/07 12:17 PM Re: (CAMPAIGN) Fortress Malta [Re: Salama]
Ajay Offline
Lifer

Loc: Brisbane OZ
toggle icon types= ... in controls,also toggle speedbar, select a button for it,once you get used to no icons you wont go back \:\)
Understand your IL2 ini

If all the posts in this forum were laid end to end..we would need a bigger forum

Top Bookmark and Share
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Forum Use Agreement | Privacy Statement | SimHQ Staff
Copyright 1997-2012, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.