Forum Archives » Complete » Third Wire Series (SF) » Edward Eisler terrains released at RAZBAM
Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
Hop to:
#2226840 - 06/03/07 08:36 PM Re: Edward Eisler terrains released at RAZBAM [Re: RussoUK2002]
WhiteKnight06604 Offline

Loc: Suffield CT. USA
I have no problems with the payware vs freeware angle here.I think that all payware WIP should be labeled as such up front though.That would have made a big difference here and in the future how the community reacts.Pulling the old bait and switch at the last minute should not be tollerated in the future.I would let this instance slide because no rules were in effect at the time but if somone advertises a mod in the future without stating it being payware i think a temporary ban or no "advetising" be allowed on the site.just a thought.

Top Bookmark and Share
#2226844 - 06/03/07 08:45 PM Re: Edward Eisler terrains released at RAZBAM [Re: RussoUK2002]
the Dutchman Offline

Loc: Almere,Flevoland,the Netherlan...
If you do it,at least that's how i feel,you do it because of LOVE for the game....do you need any compensation for your spent time then?
NO!
And Russo is right there are much more talented modders out there who probably work in the way i discribed above,you can see the dedication from their work...and i for one feel privileged they allow me to use it for FREE!
Mediocer payware are an insult to their dedication....sorry.

I spent night after night myself modding the UI and changing seatiles,it NEVER crossed my mind to put it up as payware....it made me feel proud of my work when people reacted positive.
Let me predict you something;
..other modders will start comparing and thinking "hey if he asks money for that,why don't i..."

It's the beginning of the end for free mods...you just watch!

Edited by the Dutchman (06/03/07 08:57 PM)

Top Bookmark and Share

#2226852 - 06/03/07 09:07 PM Re: Edward Eisler terrains released at RAZBAM [Re: the Dutchman]
SandyC Offline

Loc: UK
Since Edward - who was much liked for his modding work for us around here five minutes ago, I recall - has now been beaten to a pulp for 6 pages, can't we move it away from the personal? There is a legitimate debate to be had and I am all for open discussion but the guy has been so filled with lead that it will need a forklift truck to take his corpse away. He did not invade Poland or murder a grandmother: he just put up some payware without warning after giving us all a fair amount of freeware for quite a long time. I notice that we have not heard his point of view from him but is it any wonder?

Top Bookmark and Share
#2226860 - 06/03/07 09:13 PM Re: Edward Eisler terrains released at RAZBAM [Re: SandyC]
the Dutchman Offline

Loc: Almere,Flevoland,the Netherlan...
You just answer me this;
why does he now need payment for stuff he used to do for free?
Has the f***ing world economy found it's way to these last havens of people granting each other things for free too???
I must stop i dunno why bit it just pisses me off more and more,you know i have my own little business,so i know how little is for free these days....

Edited by the Dutchman (06/03/07 09:20 PM)

Top Bookmark and Share
#2226876 - 06/03/07 09:47 PM Re: Edward Eisler terrains released at RAZBAM [Re: Prowler1111]
Weird_Crapolla Offline

Loc: St Barth
Hi,

Instead all this storm in a water glass ....I see the things like this:
SimhQ had already a section called..buy/sell/trade.
Why not a other section where post all the ADVERTISINGS for paywares addon's made by communities members...?
Like a PAYWARES ADDON'S section.(all kind of created paywares will be in)
So .. like this ..you will certainly not read it if you don't want.
More simple ..and less useless conflicts.

OFF

Top Bookmark and Share
#2226878 - 06/03/07 09:48 PM Re: Edward Eisler terrains released at RAZBAM [Re: WhiteKnight06604]
Boilerplate* Offline

Loc: Virginia, USA
Quote:
i think a temporary ban or no "advetising" be allowed on the site.just a thought.

Quote:
Like a PAYWARES ADDON'S section.(all kind of created paywares will be in)

Yeah right...

http://www.simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2224355&page=1#Post2224355

Top Bookmark and Share
#2229616 - 06/07/07 10:41 AM Re: Edward Eisler terrains released at RAZBAM [Re: tflash]
blue_plasma Offline

I just bought WOE and WOV terrains and installed them. I have to admit they look great, although they have some bugs with the tiles in them (see #1 and #2). I hope they will be corrected soon. The citys look by far better than the quite rectangular city blocks in the stock terrain. The immersion is raised to a new level, IMHO.

So all in all it's ok to pay money for them (though they could be cheaper).

blue_plasma

---
#1: http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php?quickkey=7y5zywm2bmz&thumb=4
#2: http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php?quickkey=a2cmd2mgz0c&thumb=4

Top Bookmark and Share

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

Forum Use Agreement | Privacy Statement | SimHQ Staff
Copyright 1997-2012, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.