Forum Archives » Complete » Community Hall » Are you ready for some baseball?
Page 16 of 76 < 1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 75 76 >
Topic Options
Hop to:
#2203563 - 05/04/07 09:54 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: PanzerMeyer]
PanzerMeyer Offline
Sierra Hotel

Loc: Miami, FL USA
Remember when the Rangers had players like Ruben Sierra, Nolan Ryan and Bobby Witt? Feels like epochs ago...

Top Bookmark and Share
#2204491 - 05/06/07 01:47 AM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: PanzerMeyer]
Top Gun Offline
Lifer

Loc: Roch-Vegas NH
Originally Posted By: PanzerMeyer
The current problems facing the Yankees go so far beyond Torre that it would be a mistake if Steinbrenner decided to fire him.

But this happens all the time in every sport, team not playing well. Fire the coach

Coach can only play the guys he has, and the Yanks have no pitching right now. Couldn't believe that young guy got beaned just over the knee and they let him stay in. I would have yanked him to play it safe.

You know the Yanks will be going after Roger with a fury, as will the Sox ;\)
Sigma 50-500 & 17-50 F2.8

Top Bookmark and Share

#2205100 - 05/06/07 09:18 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: PHilA]
Razorback Offline
Lifer

Loc: Member # 118
Originally Posted By: PHilA
He's posting over at TeeBall.net ;\)

Typical childish response from a Red Sox fan. No wonder I don't waste my time in this thread.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws... encourage... homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."-Jefferson

Top Bookmark and Share
#2205105 - 05/06/07 09:21 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: Razorback]
Stormtrooper Offline
Lifer

Loc: Washington state
Originally Posted By: Razorback
Typical childish response from a Red Sox fan. No wonder I don't waste my time in this thread.

Two in one day. Going for a record?

Fan of anyone in Nascar not driving a Camry.

Wondering around in the aftermath of Black Mesa East.

Top Bookmark and Share
#2205163 - 05/06/07 11:10 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: Stormtrooper]
SimHQ Tom Cofield Offline

Loc: Olympia, Washington
Common guys, lets not run this one into the ground. A little friendly smack talk between fans is normal and no one should start slinging poo. PHilA, cute but depending on the case probably not appropriate. I don't even know if you are a Red Sox Fan. If you are, and are just cutting on RB because he isn't then hey, that is how it goes. I don't see anything wrong in a little ribbing. If you are just out to insult him, then stay out of this thread. I don't want to police it.

RB, if he is just kidding around as a Red Sox fan then guess what, deal with it. You decided to put Red Sox Sux Nation in your address bar. If you can't take a little jibe from Sox fans then don't put an insult to their team in your address block or under your name. If you can't take it, don't try dishing it out. A week and a half ago I certainly got enough grief form White Sox and Cardinal fans about how my team (the Cubs) were doing. Now that they are over .500 I can give a little bit of payback.

Rule is this, if you are a fan of a team and want to pick on a rival (in a friendly way) then fine, that is part of the rivalry. If you are just insulting someone because you don't like them-well then that isn't.

OK?

As for baseball, I just got done putting up a 70' batting cage in my back yard for the kid.

All I am ready for now is a nap.

Top Bookmark and Share
#2205207 - 05/07/07 01:07 AM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: SimHQ Tom Cofield]
Top Gun Offline
Lifer

it's always been friendly ribbing, it's just that one of us can't take it because they aren't used to it... If and when his team comes back, he'll be singing a different tune.

Yanks just picked up Clemens,

Edited by Top Gun (05/07/07 01:07 AM)

Top Bookmark and Share
#2205231 - 05/07/07 02:00 AM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: PanzerMeyer]
PanzerMeyer Offline
Sierra Hotel

Loc: Miami, FL USA
Josh Beckett has certainly been the ace of the Red Sox pitching staff so far even though Dice-K gets all the publicity.

Top Bookmark and Share

#2205262 - 05/07/07 03:25 AM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: SimHQ Tom Cofield]
PHilA Offline

Loc: Steinbrenners' Gulag
No need to retire number 21 now. Give it to Papelbon or the first September call up from Pawtucket. I can continue to despise the Texas Con Man with a clear conscious! The rivalry just got hotter. Just when I thought it may be finally dying down.

Top Bookmark and Share
#2205265 - 05/07/07 03:33 AM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: SimHQ Tom Cofield]
PHilA Offline

Loc: Steinbrenners' Gulag
Originally Posted By: SimHq Tom Cofield
Common guys, lets not run this one into the ground. A little friendly smack talk between fans is normal and no one should start slinging poo. PHilA, cute but depending on the case probably not appropriate. I don't even know if you are a Red Sox Fan. If you are, and are just cutting on RB because he isn't then hey, that is how it goes. I don't see anything wrong in a little ribbing. If you are just out to insult him, then stay out of this thread. I don't want to police it.

RB, if he is just kidding around as a Red Sox fan then guess what, deal with it. You decided to put Red Sox Sux Nation in your address bar. If you can't take a little jibe from Sox fans then don't put an insult to their team in your address block or under your name. If you can't take it, don't try dishing it out. A week and a half ago I certainly got enough grief form White Sox and Cardinal fans about how my team (the Cubs) were doing. Now that they are over .500 I can give a little bit of payback.

Rule is this, if you are a fan of a team and want to pick on a rival (in a friendly way) then fine, that is part of the rivalry. If you are just insulting someone because you don't like them-well then that isn't.

OK?

RB and I, Topgun, and PM go back & forth all the time. No malice on my end, just funnin. I think he gets that (I hope). And as TG says, when the Yankees win the division, and Matsuzaka goes up in flames, he'll let us know.

Top Bookmark and Share
#2208518 - 05/11/07 02:10 AM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: PHilA]
Top Gun Offline
Lifer

Wow, the Yanks get smoked in Texas as the Sox sweep the Jays. I thought Haladay would have stopped the poor bleeding for the Jays, 9 straight losses and they haven't been pretty against the sox.

Boy did Schilling open his mouth about Bonds or what. Even the local media are over him because he had his chance to say something in the Supreme court and bocked. Should make the series interesting when the Giants come to Boston.

See the Yanks climbed back into Second place, and both teams ran a 7-3 record in their last 10 games. Now they open a long home stretch with Bal, Det and Atl.

Top Bookmark and Share
Page 16 of 76 < 1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 75 76 >

Forum Use Agreement | Privacy Statement | SimHQ Staff
Copyright 1997-2012, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.