Forum Archives » Complete » Community Hall » Are you ready for some baseball?
Page 40 of 76 < 1 2 ... 38 39 40 41 42 ... 75 76 >
Topic Options
Hop to:
#2339675 - 09/17/07 06:29 AM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: LeemzHQ]
Razorback Offline
Lifer

Loc: Member # 118
Man, the Red Sox are awful... though, not as awful as the Pearl Harbor movie. However, the Pearl Harbor movie was still not as horrible as the Red Sox bandwagon fans... and of course Red Sox fans showed their true colors tonight when one of them ran onto the field, ripped off the cap of one of the Yankees, and then ran around like an idiot before security grabbed him. Meanwhile, Red Sux fans cheered the display, high fiving each other over the notion that dishonoring the opposing player is COOL.

I think the entire Boston area is full of the worst in sports, period. Red Sux fans attack players on the field... the Patriots cheat... the Bruins have lost more than twice as many Stanley Cups as they have won, making America look bad to Canada.... the Celtics are a racist organization... it is just a terrible place on the planet.

I mean no offense to anyone who lives in the Boston area, of course. I just think it should be removed from the planet.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws... encourage... homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."-Jefferson

Top Bookmark and Share
#2339805 - 09/17/07 01:27 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: Razorback]
PHilA Offline

Loc: Steinbrenners' Gulag
He's Back! And in good form like Roger! Great post!

And Jason Giambi is a nice guy because he admitted to steriods...
1. The Yankees..historically moral bankrupt franchise that still holds a monopoly on baseball. Salary cap? No way Jose! And performancing enhancing drug use quielty overlooked (e.g. Giambino contract).
2. The NY Knicks under Isiah (sex harrassment) Thomas and Stephon ("Get in the truck!") Marbury are a class organization without peer...
3. The Rangers...Stanley Cup Dynasty Period...
4. Jets...The fans booed Pennington for bravely playing injured. DOA since Broadway Joe. And still angry about losing Bellechik. The cheating thing is just spite IMO. Mangini violating the unspoken rule among NFL coaches to blow the whistle. Dishonorable and shameful.
5. Giants...I'll cut them some slack.
6. Mets...I'll let 86 go because of Pedro. But everyone in 1986 was a Mets Fan, while the 250 remaining Yankees fans took their lumps whilst clutching their Don Mattingly fan day bats. Shea stadium was the preferred baseball destination while Grand Concourse was feared--like a nightmare out of "The Warriors".

\:\)

But clearly, Boston is the worst city in professional sports. Unfortunately, many US cities are not nearly as fortunate.

In any event, the Dead Sox really only needed to win one game, and they did. But they should have taken 2 out of 3. The starters pitched well, JD had a decent series, "OHKA"-jima needs to be shutdown, etc. etc. etc. Like Leemz, sometimes I feel this team has a death wish. They did everything they needed to do, just that the Yankees did it a bit better. Tito had a few Grady moments--Okajima should've been pulled after the second home run. But Jabba can give up home runs. And Mariano looked human again. So, in all, not that demoralizing. But the sox could lose some ground again tonight with Wakefield in Toronto.

As for the "107%" I am puzzled too. There's Topgun, Leemz, Me, and PM mostly. TG, LM live in NE. I am from NE, but relocated to NYC metro area (my family is still in NH), that leaves PM, but he doesn't make up 107% unless you're going by post count.

Magic number is what 10? With 12 games left. ????????????

Top Bookmark and Share

#2339884 - 09/17/07 03:22 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: PHilA]
Razorback Offline
Lifer

Originally Posted By: PHilA

1. The Yankees..historically moral bankrupt franchise that still holds a monopoly on baseball. Salary cap? No way Jose! And performancing enhancing drug use quielty overlooked (e.g. Giambino contract).

Yes, the awful Giambi... the only player to ADMIT to taking the drugs and the only one to assist the league and to apologize to the fans. See, if he was in Boston then the fan base would expect him to lie about it and then blame the league for catching him later. Or blame someone from his old team for exposing him for taking the drugs. In Boston, admitting to something when asked is wrong because people in Boston only lie, cheat, and steal.

2. The NY Knicks under Isaih (sex harrassment) Thomas and Stephon ("Get in the truck!") Marbury are a class organization without peer...

I actually agree with you here.

3. The Rangers...Stanley Cup Dynasty Period...

Not even sure what this means... they are in the top ten of Cup winners in the league. \:\)

4. Jets...The fans booed Pennington for bravely playing injured. DOA since Broadway Joe. And still angry about losing Bellichik. The cheating thing is just spite IMO. Mangini violating the unspoken rule among NFL coaches to blow the whistle. Dishonorable and shameful.

Just like a Boston fan to have a problem with someone POINTING OUT CHEATERS. As for the booing... those were central New Jersey fans. They are all idiots. They don't count in the overall NYC area scheme of things.

6. Mets...I'll let 86 go becuase of Pedro. But everyone in 1986 was a Mets Fan, while the 250 remaining Yankees fans took their lumps whilst clutching their Don Mattingly fan day bats. Shea stadium was the preferred baseball destination while Grand Concourse was feared--like a nightmare out of "The Warriors".

Well, this is somewhat true. Yes, many NY'ers were on the Mets bandwagon from 1986 to about 1989, but the Yankees were pretty bad through some of that period and I see nothing wrong with supporting an area team, even if you don't normally root for it. I want all NY teams to do well... well, except the Islanders.

But clearly, Boston is the worst city in professional sports.

I am glad we agree.

As for the "107%" I am puzzled too. There's Topgun, Leemz, Me, and PM mostly. TG, LM live in NE. I am from NE, but relocated to NYC metro area (my family is still in NH), that leaves PM, but he doesn't make up 107% unless you're going by post count.

I was actually going by post count. \:\)
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws... encourage... homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."-Jefferson

Top Bookmark and Share
#2339896 - 09/17/07 03:37 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: Razorback]
531 Ghost Offline

Loc: MCAS Camp Pendleton
Well crap, I guess I'm one of those bandwagon fans too. I don't live in Chavez Ravine \:\( Although I've been a Dodger fan since 1965.

Top Bookmark and Share
#2339930 - 09/17/07 04:06 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: 531 Ghost]
Razorback Offline
Lifer

So you became a Dodger fan the year the won the World Series? ;\)

Top Bookmark and Share
#2339939 - 09/17/07 04:19 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: Razorback]
531 Ghost Offline

Loc: MCAS Camp Pendleton
Yeah that must be it, I was all of five

Top Bookmark and Share
#2339951 - 09/17/07 04:51 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: Razorback]
PHilA Offline

Originally Posted By: Razorback

Yes, the awful Giambi... the only player to ADMIT to taking the drugs and the only one to assist the league and to apologize to the fans. See, if he was in Boston then the fan base would expect him to lie about it and then blame the league for catching him later. Or blame someone from his old team for exposing him for taking the drugs. In Boston, admitting to something when asked is wrong because people in Boston only lie, cheat, and steal.

No, if he were in Boston, he would have performed like his brother, Jeremy Giambi. Same drugs, different outcome.

I forgot to mention A-rod too as the model of "Yankee Class" providing little leaugers with a useful role model in lying, cheating, slapping and picking up trashy strippers. His wife too is a model for family values with her "F-you" T-shirt in the stands. Accordingly, he would be a perfect fit in Boston. Opt out and come to where you belong...the place where everybody knows your name!

Top Bookmark and Share

#2339959 - 09/17/07 04:56 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: Razorback]
PHilA Offline

As for the booing... those were central New Jersey fans. They are all idiots.

Don't you live in central NJ? ;\)

(I live in "North Central NJ")

Top Bookmark and Share
#2340091 - 09/17/07 07:38 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: PHilA]
Razorback Offline
Lifer

I live 2 miles from Giants Stadium, actually. Central New Jersey is about 40 miles from here.

As for A-Rod... him and his wife seem to be getting along well. I guess they worked it out like adults. Something Red Sox fans would know nothing about.

Top Bookmark and Share
#2340152 - 09/17/07 08:20 PM Re: Are you ready for some baseball? [Re: Razorback]
PanzerMeyer Offline
Sierra Hotel

Loc: Miami, FL USA

I was actually going by post count. \:\)

Aren't you the one who posted a new message like every 5 seconds in every forum just so you could hit 10k posts on that same day?

Anyway, I do find it amusing how you stay away from this thread unless the Yankees happen to win a series against the Sox.

Edited by PanzerMeyer (09/17/07 08:22 PM)

Top Bookmark and Share
Page 40 of 76 < 1 2 ... 38 39 40 41 42 ... 75 76 >

Forum Use Agreement | Privacy Statement | SimHQ Staff
Copyright 1997-2012, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.