Forum Archives » Complete » Community Hall » Help with Horsez as UBISoft don't seem to have a clue.
Topic Options
Hop to:
#2146742 - 02/26/07 12:19 PM Help with Horsez as UBISoft don't seem to have a clue.
BillyRiley Offline

Loc: Colchester, England
Just hoping that someone else has an answer, as UBISoft don't seem to have a clue.

I bought this game from UBISoft for my daughter for Christmas. I initially had problems installing it. But I did get it installed.

However, for 2 months now, I have been trying to get the game working and it doesn't. I get an SPM Error...the exact message is...
SPM ERROR (PopParam), Param Stack overflow. pOut: Pout 0
Located :
in CLoad_FilterLoadedObjectsByClass
in UI_Load

called:
in UI_Load
in Initialize
in Level_Main

called :
in Level_Initialize
in Specific Initialization
in GaReg_Initialize

called :
in GaReg_Initialize
in Game
in Update
in GlobalRun
in Engine_Run

Now I have been in contact with Ubisoft for nearly 2 months about this, and they are getting me to try seemingly daft things...apparently to waste my time. I am no closer to running this game and I go 1 but mostly 2 weeks between posts from them.

Does anyone have the Horsez game and is it running ok? If you got the same error as I have, did you get it to run? If so, how?

Seems to me the error is relating to a DLL file and functions therein, but UBISoft have no clue what's going on.

I could really do with some help here, guys. My daughter is gutted she can't play this...and it was a Chrimbo present which kind of makes me feel bad. She didn't get much for Christmas, so I feel bad she can't play this.

My system is
AMD Athlon XP3200+ 64Bit
2 GB DDR 3200
nVidia 9750 512MB Graphics card

Edited by BillyRiley (02/26/07 12:46 PM)

Top Bookmark and Share
#2146953 - 02/26/07 05:11 PM Re: Help with Horsez as UBISoft don't seem to have a clue. [Re: BillyRiley]
       +G      Offline

Not sure what to tell you. 64bit processor/OS issue? What OS?

Top Bookmark and Share

#2147058 - 02/26/07 07:17 PM Re: Help with Horsez as UBISoft don't seem to have a clue. [Re:        +G     ]
BillyRiley Offline

Loc: Colchester, England
Windows XP.

MY system fully meets the recommended requirements of the game.

I think it's a dll issue. I have seen the SPM acronym associated with Software Protection Manager...if it's software protection, I'm going to be really, really pissed about this.

Top Bookmark and Share
#2147075 - 02/26/07 07:32 PM Re: Help with Horsez as UBISoft don't seem to have a clue. [Re:        +G     ]
HardTale Offline

Loc: Oklahoma
I feel for ya, nothing worse than seeing your child excited by something only to have to try and explain to her what buggy software is. I quickly learned about how shoddy the programing on these kids games are with my daughter.

A quick google shows that several people are having the same issue with Horsez and another Ubi Horse game called "Saddle Up- "Pippa Funnell" (aimed at kids of course). Unfortunately I didn't see any real solutions other than it being something to do possibly with graphics card.

So it would seem Ubisoft knows all to well about it...they just don't want to acknowledge it.

http://www.pcclub.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=33&threadid=18965

http://forums.techguy.org/games/462105-game-keeps-crashing-help-2.html

Good luck with it.

Top Bookmark and Share

Forum Use Agreement | Privacy Statement | SimHQ Staff
Copyright 1997-2012, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.