Forum Archives » Complete » Third Wire Series (SF) » Warpaint: Ju-87D Stuka Color profiles
Topic Options
Hop to:
#2040343 - 10/16/05 04:41 PM Warpaint: Ju-87D Stuka Color profiles
Nick Tselepides Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
Gramps will rejoice with this one, as well as some archivists lurking in this forum.

Ju-87 profiles from PROFILE ISSUE 113 vOL. 2 NO. 17. I looked closely at all the pages of this magazine and could not find a date of issue--weird!
This was a publication that imitated the earlier original Profiles, and later closed for some obscure reason. I bought this issue just today at the Greek IPMS show, where a guy sells old magazines each year at low prices...

The choice is not what one would expect, as there are no a/c from Western European fronts, but these are typical Eastern front a/c.

The text states that there was an -H model too, which was a conversion of the -D to dual control... And that there was an -F model proposed and drafted out and made which had a--sit tight-- RETRACTABLE undercarriage and was later renamed Ju-187. This Ju-187 model was submitted to the RLM in early 1943, but the text does not say if it saw service.
It also featured a remotely controlled dorsal barbette with one 13 mm MG and one 20mm MG...
One is never too old to learn, I find!!

Have fun everyone.

Cheers

Top Bookmark and Share
#2040344 - 10/16/05 06:51 PM Re: Warpaint: Ju-87D Stuka Color profiles
Martin Baker 5 Offline

Loc: Warwickshire, England
Very useful material - thanks!

From a lurker here

MB5.

P.S. Someone's making a Ju187 for SDOE.

Top Bookmark and Share

#2040345 - 10/16/05 11:12 PM Re: Warpaint: Ju-87D Stuka Color profiles
MoonJumper Offline

Loc: Germany
.. lurking archivists ...nooooo..... \:D

\:D

Thanks !

Top Bookmark and Share
#2040346 - 10/17/05 01:05 PM Re: Warpaint: Ju-87D Stuka Color profiles
Nick Tselepides Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
It's allright fellows--you can help yourselves to anything I post. It is for you I post them.

Cheers...

Top Bookmark and Share

Forum Use Agreement | Privacy Statement | SimHQ Staff
Copyright 1997-2012, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.