Forum Archives » Complete » IL-2 Sturmovik » Is This Hard To Do?
Topic Options
Hop to:
#1958802 - 12/14/05 03:55 AM Is This Hard To Do?
Pooch Offline

Loc: Keller, TX
I've been searching for 353RD Fighter Group P-47s , and the only one I can find is "Prudence", by Sooty. It's a nice one.
It's gotten me to wondering if I could do some skinning myself. Nothing big, mind you. I'm talking about taking a blank of "Prudence" for instance, and changing the three letter code, and maybe even putting my wife's name on the side. That sort of thing.
Is it possible, also, to take the cowling of one P-47, and put it on another. Some photos I have of 353RD jugs, show them in grey and green camo that is very similar to the 56ths. Looks great with those black and yellow checkered noses.
Could I take the cowling off of Sooty's skin, and use it to replace the cowling on one of my 56th skins? Just a thought. I'd love to try it. I have Photoshop 6. Will that do? Thanks for any help you can give me.

Top Bookmark and Share
#1958803 - 12/14/05 08:53 AM Re: Is This Hard To Do?
Badsight Offline

Loc: New Zealand
Photoshop 6 will be perfectly fine for skinning

if you know your way around PS , you should be able to hack up the bitmaps together just fine

the real work in skinning is building up a complete template & the talent in skinning is in the weathering

if you are a Photoshop newbie like myself then even doing basic paintschemes is a mission

Top Bookmark and Share

Forum Use Agreement | Privacy Statement | SimHQ Staff
Copyright 1997-2012, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.