Forum Archives » Complete » Community Hall » £1800 to burn and 3 months to waste..
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Hop to:
#191372 - 03/28/04 04:00 PM Re: £1800 to burn and 3 months to waste..
BUFF Offline

Loc: Glasgow, Scotland
Quote:
Originally posted by Andy Bush:
When I think of all the bucks I spent on silly Corvettes...and what I could be doing with that compounded cash right now.
yup, could buy a Ferrari or a Lambo \:\)

www.CombatACE.com SF P1/WOV/WOE/First Eagles flunky

abit forums

Top Bookmark and Share
#191373 - 03/28/04 04:51 PM Re: £1800 to burn and 3 months to waste..
AD Offline

Loc: South East Asia
I get your point Andy, and I agree that would be the smartest thing I could do, but at the same time it's not really about the money.

I've literally got nothing to do for 3 and half months. If I go back to living with my parents I will be unbelievably bored all day as they live in the countryside.

I haven't been out of the UK for 6, 7 years and I figured this is about the perfect age to be doing something a little more interesting than sitting around the house watching TV and talking to the cat. I have no family responsibilities, no mortgage, some money in the bank and a heap of time on my hands. The voices in my head are telling me I'd be a complete idiot not to atleast consider doing something.

Quote:
What he said. You've got till April 5th to stick it in a tax-free cash ISA @ 4%
4%? I'm not much of an economist, but isn't inflation roughly 3.5%? Meaning (after inflation) I will be making a whopping £9 in the first year?

Cheers and thanks for the suggestions.

Top Bookmark and Share

#191374 - 03/28/04 05:28 PM Re: £1800 to burn and 3 months to waste..
Pilgrim_UK Offline

Loc: Scotland
Quote:
I have no family responsibilities, no mortgage, some money in the bank and a heap of time on my hands
What the hell you doing here. ;\)

Top Bookmark and Share
#191375 - 03/28/04 05:39 PM Re: £1800 to burn and 3 months to waste..
Anonymous
Unregistered

$3,275.... oh man get another $3,275 and you can buy real doll...

Top Bookmark and Share
#191376 - 03/28/04 05:42 PM Re: £1800 to burn and 3 months to waste..
valleyboy Offline

Loc: Aberdare, Wales, UK
lol! PDog?.. you stil after that thing eh ?!?

I suppose it is less hasle! :p

Top Bookmark and Share
#191377 - 03/28/04 06:40 PM Re: £1800 to burn and 3 months to waste..
wolfbiscuits Offline

Loc: Scotland
My view is the opposite of Andy's. I'd go travelling which is what I did at your age, only for a lot longer than 3 months (though I admit you'd be stretching it a bit on that money these days). You're about 20 right? well, that £1800 is the most cash you've had in your hands so it's kind of tempting to play safe hold on to it, but remember you've got 40 years of work and earning potential ahead where you can earn that amount monthly depending on how you apply yourself, the difference later is that you will have a mortgage and responsibilities.
Go backpack style somewhere different, somewhere that has'nt been totally destroyed by tourism, yeah, hard to find I know but it's worthwhile. \:\)

Top Bookmark and Share
#191378 - 03/28/04 07:00 PM Re: £1800 to burn and 3 months to waste..
valleyboy Offline

Go travelling mate... Im 24.. and I wish I did that a few years ago..

One of my mates went round the world for a year.. it cost him £1500 for the tickets etc.. and a company will find work / accomodation for you.. you will need some spending money too.. but he went to New Zealand, Australia, Hawaii, and then LA.. and back here.. over a 12 month period.. he was originaly going for 18 months.. but he came back early as he got bored!

You can also go round europe for a month for about £1K.. and you wont have to work on that one...

In the next few months, I will do some travelling.. when I pass my bike test.. and ride the thing in, and get 1st service done.. Im going to go into Europe.. and see where I want to go.. take a little tent with me.. and sleep where I find some flat land \:D

Top Bookmark and Share

#191379 - 03/28/04 07:15 PM Re: £1800 to burn and 3 months to waste..
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by valleyboy:
lol! PDog?.. you stil after that thing eh ?!?

I suppose it is less hasle! :p
hehehe, does real doll cost more than your new bike? \:D

Top Bookmark and Share
#191380 - 03/28/04 07:18 PM Re: £1800 to burn and 3 months to waste..
valleyboy Offline

hehehe... I think it does! what is £4200 (supposed to be £5200!) in $$$$ ??? \:D

Top Bookmark and Share
#191381 - 03/28/04 07:25 PM Re: £1800 to burn and 3 months to waste..
Anonymous
Unregistered

5200 british pounds = 9,442 dollers... more. \:\)

Top Bookmark and Share
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Forum Use Agreement | Privacy Statement | SimHQ Staff
Copyright 1997-2012, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.