Forum Archives » Complete » Community Hall » MLB 2006 "Converse Nicely" thread for RB
Page 1 of 56 1 2 3 ... 55 56 >
Topic Options
Hop to:
#1830377 - 04/06/06 07:35 PM MLB 2006 "Converse Nicely" thread for RB
Top Gun Offline
Lifer

Loc: Roch-Vegas NH
Well, 3 games into the season. I'm pretty bumbed the Red Sox got rid of Bronson Arroyo. Glad to see him hit a homer for the Red's yesterday.

Foulke needs to be released, Jon Papelbon looked great as our closer last night. Schilling and Beckett look strong as well. I'd love to see the Sox bring Clemen's back for 1 more year, even if it's only part time. I think he'd be worth it.

Seems most people are fine with Damon going to the Yanks. Coco Crisp has slid right into the fan favorite. Big Poppy and Manny hopefully will fill the 3-4 positon nicely.

I don't follow preseason because most of the stars don't play. From what I was hearing on the radio the Blue Jay's, Yankees and White Sox all looked good on paper with their new pick ups.

Any National League teams to keep an eye on?
Sigma 50-500 & 17-50 F2.8

Top Bookmark and Share
#1830378 - 04/06/06 07:38 PM Re: MLB 2006 "Converse Nicely" thread for RB
PanzerMeyer Offline
Sierra Hotel

Loc: Miami, FL USA
We took 2 out of 3 from the Rangers so I'm a happy camper. As for Johnny Damon, good riddance.

I feel very confident about our chances at winning the division this year. Heck, anything to pi$$ off the dark lord of the sith; George Steinbrenner. \:D

Oh, and Josh Beckett was great in his pitching debut for the Sox. yeah, I know it's early in the season but I have high hopes and confidence that he'll really contribute a lot to the starting rotation.

Top Bookmark and Share

#1830379 - 04/06/06 07:57 PM Re: MLB 2006 "Converse Nicely" thread for RB
PHilA Offline

Loc: Steinbrenners' Gulag
Talking trash after three games? C'mon.

What the heck, I'll bite.

Errors, pitching and defense ("Oh my!") could be the bad karma mantra for the Yankee$. They have handed out "27" T-shirts to all players in the clubhouse as a motivational tool. Perhaps Brian Ca$hman and George $teinbrenner should have passed out "Why Not Us?" T-Shirts instead?

Red Sox may have problems scoring runs: Lowell, J. T. Snow, Josh Bard, A. Gonzalez, could be easy outs. Bullpen problems can carry over from 2005 -- Riske, Seanez don't impress me and Tavares is a complete psycho. Timlin is a heart attack in a one run game. Foulke is likely still garbage. Papelbon is a stud, but he should really be a starter. Perhaps the emergence of Dinardo, Del Carmen, Hansen (I don't like the look of him--he looks like a D'uh Doofus) and highly regarded lefty prospect John Lester will solve those problems. In any event, it should be fun to see these guys play. Got tickets for July 31 vs. Cleveland!

Wife is devastated over Arroyo (who now has more homers than Willy Mo and Manny this season ;\) ). First Damon, and now him--she can't take much more. The possible dumping of Kapler may put her over the top.

I have mixed feelings about Clemens coming back. Not sure I want him and the result will likely be disappointing. I'd rather Cy Young kept the record than have Clemens break it and promptly give up a bomb to Sheffield in a critical game.

Top Bookmark and Share
#1830380 - 04/06/06 07:57 PM Re: MLB 2006 "Converse Nicely" thread for RB
ForSquirrels Offline

Loc: Hokie Nation
Baseball sucks! :p

Airpower Over Hampton Roads 2008

Top Bookmark and Share
#1830381 - 04/06/06 07:58 PM Re: MLB 2006 "Converse Nicely" thread for RB
Paul Morrison Offline
Lifer

Loc: Canada
Hey, my jays are back in the pennant race this year!

Top Bookmark and Share
#1830382 - 04/06/06 08:00 PM Re: MLB 2006 "Converse Nicely" thread for RB
PHilA Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Top Gun:

Any National League teams to keep an eye on?
I'm following the following:

Dodgers (aka Bizzaro Sox West with Nomar, (already injured), Billy Mueller, Derek Lowe, and everbody's favorite manager Grady Little--should be a fun ride).

The Mets

The Brewers

The Reds (every fifth day)

Top Bookmark and Share
#1830383 - 04/06/06 08:11 PM Re: MLB 2006 "Converse Nicely" thread for RB
249th_Jeevz Offline

Loc: Atlanta, GA
Go Braves!

XBL/PSN: Jeevz74
Flak Monkey

Top Bookmark and Share

#1830384 - 04/06/06 08:16 PM Re: MLB 2006 "Converse Nicely" thread for RB
Top Gun Offline
Lifer

Loc: Roch-Vegas NH
I forgot about the Dodgers getting so many Red Sox players.

It will be fun to see the Tampa Bay/RSox series this year. If they are throwing fights and clearing the benches during preseason, it can only get better when the games actually mean something.

Do any of the games mean anything down in Tampa;) My brothers go there to see the Sox and get great tickets.
Sigma 50-500 & 17-50 F2.8

Top Bookmark and Share
#1830385 - 04/06/06 08:22 PM Re: MLB 2006 "Converse Nicely" thread for RB
PanzerMeyer Offline
Sierra Hotel

Loc: Miami, FL USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Top Gun:

Do any of the games mean anything down in Tampa;) My brothers go there to see the Sox and get great tickets.
Quite frankly, I'm surprised that Tampa Bay still has a baseball team. Rumors have been flying for a long time about them moving somewhere else. The Florida Marlins may be moving as well. San Antonio is very interested in getting them.

Top Bookmark and Share
#1830386 - 04/06/06 08:26 PM Re: MLB 2006 "Converse Nicely" thread for RB
PHilA Offline

Seriously, if Tampa had some decent pitching, they would be fairly competitive. Their line up is pretty good. But aside from Scott Kazmir, they got pretty much nothing for pitching.

Top Bookmark and Share
Page 1 of 56 1 2 3 ... 55 56 >

Forum Use Agreement | Privacy Statement | SimHQ Staff
Copyright 1997-2012, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.