Forum Archives » Complete » Community Hall » The Official Star Wars Discussion Thread With Your Host, Goodwood!
Page 1 of 63 1 2 3 ... 62 63 >
Topic Options
Hop to:
#1805002 - 11/30/05 08:57 PM The Official Star Wars Discussion Thread With Your Host, Goodwood!
Goodwood Offline
Lifer

Loc: Detroit - in the Danger Zone!
Seeing as how quite a lot of threads here in Community Hall tend to get hijacked into discussions about the Star Wars universe and its many storylines, I thought that it would be a good idea to start the Official SimHQ Star Wars Geek's Corner, since I know there are several high-profile members of this forum that have more then a passing interest in the sagas.

Thus, welcome one and all to the Official Star Wars Discussion Thread! \:D

Do-ro'ik vong pratte!

Top Bookmark and Share
#1805003 - 11/30/05 09:02 PM Re: The Official Star Wars Discussion Thread With Your Host, Goodwood!
No457_Squog Offline

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
When are episodes 7, 8 & 9 coming out?

S!

No. 457 Squadron vRAAF

Top Bookmark and Share

#1805004 - 11/30/05 09:03 PM Re: The Official Star Wars Discussion Thread With Your Host, Goodwood!
Goodwood Offline
Lifer

Quote:
Originally posted by No457_Squog:
When are episodes 7, 8 & 9 coming out?

S!
Never.

*evil cackling* \:D \:D \:D \:D

Do-ro'ik vong pratte!

Top Bookmark and Share
#1805005 - 11/30/05 09:16 PM Re: The Official Star Wars Discussion Thread With Your Host, Goodwood!
The Nephilim Offline

Loc: 3rd Stone from the Sun !!
I been thinking of getting into the Star
Wars Series but I am not sure about a few things??

1. What one to get?? I saw several at the store ( I am up for Suggestion.)
2. Do you have to pay to play??

I am ABSOLUTE NOOB here to the SW Online gaming!!

Albert Einstein.

http://home.comcast.net/~glafsr/wsb/html/view.cgi-home.html-.html

Top Bookmark and Share
#1805006 - 11/30/05 09:25 PM Re: The Official Star Wars Discussion Thread With Your Host, Goodwood!
Goodwood Offline
Lifer

Star Wars Galaxies is the MMORPG that takes place in the time of the Original Trilogy (referred to as the OT for short), however from what I've heard, it really isn't worth the money. I myself have not played the game, though I'd like to, but there have been quite a few threads here about the seeming randomness of the changes being done to SWG. And yes, you do have to pay to play SWG online; I don't know if there is an offline practice component like there was in World War II Online.

Or are you referring to other Star Wars games out there?

Do-ro'ik vong pratte!

Top Bookmark and Share
#1805007 - 11/30/05 09:33 PM Re: The Official Star Wars Discussion Thread With Your Host, Goodwood!
531 Ghost Offline

Loc: MCAS Camp Pendleton
Weren't these guys \:D and in the movie Suicide Kings?

Top Bookmark and Share
#1805008 - 11/30/05 09:35 PM Re: The Official Star Wars Discussion Thread With Your Host, Goodwood!
PanzerMeyer Offline
Sierra Hotel

Loc: Miami, FL USA
Why did Obi-Wan tell Anakin during their duel at the end of ROTS "Only a Sith believes in absolutes"?

That statement makes no sense. More than anyone else in the SW universe, the Jedi truly believe in absolutes when it comes to their ethical standards and behavior. And in fact, the Sith don't believe in absolutes. They believe in embracing ALL aspects of the Force; both good and bad. It's almost as if George Lucas is equating believing in absolutes to evil.

Top Bookmark and Share

#1805009 - 11/30/05 09:41 PM Re: The Official Star Wars Discussion Thread With Your Host, Goodwood!
letterboy1 Offline
Lifer

Loc: Columbus, GA USA
Panzermeyer,
I'll answer this in a PM. ;\)

Top Bookmark and Share
#1805010 - 11/30/05 09:48 PM Re: The Official Star Wars Discussion Thread With Your Host, Goodwood!
Skycat Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania or Montana
"How do you explain this to your imaginary girlfriend?" -- Triumph vs. Star Wars Geeks video.

Top Bookmark and Share
#1805011 - 11/30/05 09:49 PM Re: The Official Star Wars Discussion Thread With Your Host, Goodwood!
Colt40Five Offline

Loc: Heart of Dixie
I am of two minds...

Either Amidala's stuff was not so good (allowing Anakin the freedom to force-choke her and to prefer ruling the galaxy to shacking up on Naboo).
Or it was too good and his brain is so addled by it that we get:

Palpatine: "C'mon over to the DS and together we'll keep that puddy tat purrin'!"

Anakin: "Oh, yeah alright then."

And why did Yoda just limp on off...doesn't a sith Lord deserve a fight to the death? I mean the balance of the Force is at stake, what else is higher on a Jedi's list of things to die fighting for!?!?

Top Bookmark and Share
Page 1 of 63 1 2 3 ... 62 63 >

Forum Use Agreement | Privacy Statement | SimHQ Staff
Copyright 1997-2012, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.