Page 32 of 32 < 1 2 ... 30 31 32
Topic Options
Hop to:
#1701923 - 07/30/05 01:02 AM Re: StarForce and BoB
jabo60 Offline

Loc: italy
Quote:
Originally posted by sage386:

3. What SF has to do with labels on the disc, while this is entirely up to the publisher?

Nice argument, you told that SF is entirely part of SH3 and now you say the exact opposite words. I'm curious to see what other arguments you'll propose tomorrow. I like to open chinese boxes, this game is almost better than SH3 and it's for free. Thank you UBI for this very interesting addon.

ps
I'm running FB/PF on an evaluation copy of windows professional x64, it works excellently, much better than on the normal win xp.
Why I can't do the same with SH3?
Right, I remember that this "not so important" option is up to the publisher that refuses to upgrade the driver. This is another pretty chinese box, because the publisher stopped to support SH3 (no more official patches in the future)and he won't pay for the SF driver upgrade. So SF people will continue to say that the driver upgrade is up to the publisher and so on.

pps
I found a solution: I'll run my very precious and official SH3 copy on normal win xp. Regarding win64, I'll download the unofficial SH3 copy version 1.0 from the internet and I'll close this funny chinese box.
Am I a pirate, semi-pirate, hidden-semi-honest person, good bandit, terrorist? Please, SF and UBI, help me to find my lost identity.

Top Bookmark and Share
#1701924 - 07/30/05 01:34 AM Re: StarForce and BoB
20mm Offline

Forums Manager
Lifer

Loc: Tucson AZ
I've about had it with this. I let it go on in the hope against hope that someone would see something of the other side's argument somewhere.

Nine pages worth?

What new and useful things are we learning? How to beat each other up over the internet? You already knew how to do that, you don't need this thread, or our forum as the vehicle for it.

I'm about ready to lock this. I'll tell you what, I'll leave it open, for now, but the next round of verbal assaults, I don't care who starts it or responds to it and it is done.

sage386, I appreciate your standing in here, I really do. However, would you please look into what the status of our questions submitted to StarForce is?
Forever United States Army Ranger.

Top Bookmark and Share

#1701925 - 07/30/05 04:41 AM Re: StarForce and BoB
No105_Ogdens Offline

Loc: Shipdham, Norfolk 1944
Don't lock it yet..I wanna see how many more "Junior members" will weigh in! ;\)

"Cricket itself is an entertainment and does not require such cheerleaders to entertain,"

Top Bookmark and Share
#1701926 - 07/30/05 05:29 AM Re: StarForce and BoB
LeOs.K_Anak Offline

Well, one "happy" customer more here...

Bought SH3 when it came out, installed and got load of troubles
I certainly have something else in mind with games than doing clean reinstall of windows everytime I try to install the game on my gaming rig
Although it works perfectly on my old rig, without any troubles and at m8's computer with only few quirks

Bit 2 high fail to deliver rate IMO

Guess if I install anything with starforce protection again?

Top Bookmark and Share
#1701927 - 07/30/05 05:44 AM Re: StarForce and BoB
Kamikuza Offline

Loc: Yasu, Shiga, Japan
Your legal tools are unable to emulate SF properly

Why should software that accesses CD/DVD drives even HAVE to emulate SF???

I dont get the logic behind that ...

Need some 3 view drawings for your skinning? Ask me - I might have them \:\)

Top Bookmark and Share
#1701928 - 07/30/05 07:14 AM Re: StarForce and BoB
War_Lock Offline

Loc: West Coast USA
Thought this junior member would weigh in so Ogdens wouldn't be disappointed \:D . Actually, I have found the whole SF thing very liberating for me. I used to think that I had to have every piece of sim software (and many others) that came out and ended up blowing tons of money on software. I have made a conscious consumer decision not to buy software with SF copy protection based on the principle of it. I have enough problems in life to deal with without the possibility of SF dinkin' around with my computer. Since then, although it was hard at first, I have learned to just let it go and not get worked up over not running out and buying all these titles. The result is that I now have more free time on my hands to do other things in life, more money in my pocket and I'm also rediscovering some of my old games that I probably didn't get my money's worth out of the first time I played them anyway. I would rather see PC software die than to be treated as the enemy by the very corporations my money helps to support. Best of luck to them, though.

Top Bookmark and Share
#1701929 - 07/30/05 07:52 AM Re: StarForce and BoB
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Tolwyn:
Starforce is the ONLY protection that causes these types of problems that a legitimate user cannot sidestep. Soon there will be an IDE driver proxy that will weed out/ work out the starforce issue.
Man, by having IDE proxy SF wont disappear and will remain on your computer. Still you're seem to be happy. But why? I can see only one reason for this. You are upset not being able to make a pirate copy, with IDE virtual drive it might be possible to play the game. All SF problems should vanish into thin air. Yea, sure. Now i see what kind of problems you're talking about ;\) )

Quote:
Originally posted by Tolwyn:
Nice argument, you told that SF is entirely part of SH3 and now you say the exact opposite words
I dont get you. What parts of "it's up entirely to the publisher to where and how to implement SF into thier products, where to put labels on the disc etc." are mutually exclusive?

Quote:
Originally posted by Kamikuze:
Why should software that accesses CD/DVD drives even HAVE to emulate SF???
SF does not disable any software, while there were claims that "My legal Diamond Tools doesnt work".

Damn, if it requires to repeat all the same things i would rather prefer to abandon this thread.

@20mm:
If people asking constructive questions, they receive appripriate answers. However, when they start *****ing, this leads to nowhere.

You were right, time to close the thread.
Useless.
Farewell all.

Top Bookmark and Share

#1701930 - 07/30/05 08:11 AM Re: StarForce and BoB
jabo60 Offline

Loc: italy
Dear 20mm, I appreciate very much your work and your intention, thank you for letting me show all my sense of irony. No verbal assault, just irony.

Serious mode on:
I never pirated my games and I'm supporting the flight sims since many years. All the people here do this. This thread is not for resolve the SF and UBI problems related with SH3 now and probably with BOB in the future, we cannot resolve anything here. However we are an excellent community here.

Top Bookmark and Share
#1701931 - 07/30/05 05:37 PM Re: StarForce and BoB
20mm Offline

Forums Manager
Lifer

Loc: Tucson AZ
jabo60,
NP, I understand the level of frustration, but we're obviously not solving anything at this point.

sage386,
Again, I appreciate your willingness to stand in here, but it's time to close this. If you can find out the status of our question list I'd appreciate it. Our intent was to get a good list of Q's & A's regarding StarForce and post it for people to read and get some information. Perhaps avoid some of the head-butting that obviously goes with this subject.

And that is a wrap. I'm going to post a sticky here in a moment about StarForce issues. Pay attention to that please.
Forever United States Army Ranger.

Top Bookmark and Share
Page 32 of 32 < 1 2 ... 30 31 32

Forum Use Agreement | Privacy Statement | SimHQ Staff
Copyright 1997-2012, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.