Forum Archives » Complete » Third Wire Series (SF) » [Q] ThirdWire next project?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Hop to:
#1624442 - 04/26/05 03:46 PM [Q] ThirdWire next project?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Any one have some idea of what will be ThirdWire next project? Any wild/educated guess? \:\)

Personaly, I will bet on a third sim based on the same engine than SFP1 & WoV ... based on a conflict in between 1973 to 2003 ... I think a Gulf War one will be nice ... I'd love to fly the French Jaguar \:\)

However, as there is LOTS to fix and improve in WoV (and SFP1), I rather see TK and his team work on patches ... but as they have to make an income, it is more likely that they are focusing on a "new" game to release ... \:\(

Top Bookmark and Share
#1624443 - 04/26/05 04:03 PM Re: [Q] ThirdWire next project?
Murphy'S Offline

1) they work on a new game based on the sfp1 engine....it's name usaf: air dominance (sponsorized by the us air force) it's era is the modern one

2) i hope this one (since it's based on sfp1 engine)will lead to effectively fix what miss to sfp1.....firstly bugs.....and then features trought some patches

3) tk and his team need to earn money (it's their job) so they probably (nobody really knows) give more priority to this project

4)bpao is working on a jaguar...first a international one and then (from what i understand) a frenche one....so it's up to the community to make a gulf terrain (if it is not already existing)

5)this game have really great possibilities....and the day the majority of it's drawbacks will be solved....it will probably one of the best sims ever (even if it's considered as mid-core sim)

Top Bookmark and Share

#1624444 - 04/26/05 04:09 PM Re: [Q] ThirdWire next project?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks for the info Murphy. I agree with you once properly patched, the whole serie of SFP1/WoV have great possibilities.

Top Bookmark and Share
#1624445 - 04/26/05 04:32 PM Re: [Q] ThirdWire next project?
column5 Offline

Loc: Memphis, TN
USAF: Air Dominance was developed by a third party (Critical Mass Interactive) for the USAF to use as a recruiting tool. I doubt it will ever see a public release, although any new programming that TK did for CMI might find its way into new products.

The game only has three or four planes in it and a handful of single missions.

http://www.criticalmassinteractive.com/htm/USAF.htm

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." -- Robert E. Howard

Top Bookmark and Share
#1624446 - 04/26/05 04:43 PM Re: [Q] ThirdWire next project?
Anonymous
Unregistered

too bad it won't be release as "America Army" ...

Top Bookmark and Share
#1624447 - 04/26/05 05:07 PM Re: [Q] ThirdWire next project?
Guderian Offline

Loc: People's Republic of Sweden
I think the fact that he's worked on the USAF game points to TK putting modern aircraft in his next release. Other developers who have done projects for the US military have retained the right to use the results commercially as well.

Top Bookmark and Share
#1624448 - 04/26/05 07:43 PM Re: [Q] ThirdWire next project?
Murphy'S Offline

unfortunately bad news for those who wait some avionics improvement in the next patch

here is the quote from a answer i receive about this specific subject

Quote:
No avionics upgrades are planned for next patch... Not sure what else we can add to the air-to-ground radar, I think we have most of the useful modes covered... ;\)

TK
the smiley was in the post......not really know what it means

now i wonder .....apart the bug fix campaign and some things like moving carriers or some improved flight models.......what will we get?

Top Bookmark and Share

#1624449 - 04/26/05 07:51 PM Re: [Q] ThirdWire next project?
Anonymous
Unregistered

hmmm .... maybe what will be better is if TK was to create some kind of SDK where 3rd party can create new avionic DLL ....

Top Bookmark and Share
#1624450 - 04/26/05 07:55 PM Re: [Q] ThirdWire next project?
column5 Offline

Loc: Memphis, TN
Quote:
Originally posted by P'tit Mataf:
hmmm .... maybe what will be better is if TK was to create some kind of SDK where 3rd party can create new avionic DLL ....
The avionics aren't the problem--the ground search radar shows targets just fine. What we need is more weapon guidance types. I think that is the reason for the smiley in his reply.

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." -- Robert E. Howard

Top Bookmark and Share
#1624451 - 04/26/05 08:02 PM Re: [Q] ThirdWire next project?
Murphy'S Offline

Quote:
The avionics aren't the problem-- the ground search radar shows targets just fine. What we need is more weapon guidance types. I think that is the reason for the smiley in his reply.
of course you can see some targets....but the air to ground radar really lacks of resolution....and until now you can't really lock anything with it

for the guidance types ...if he said there will not be any avionics upgrade......can't imagine how he could add them (apart a ground radar lock for air surface missiles)

ps: there is no critisizm in my posting ...just discuting about the future

Top Bookmark and Share
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Forum Use Agreement | Privacy Statement | SimHQ Staff
Copyright 1997-2012, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.