Forum Archives » Complete » Third Wire Series (SF) » Howlings, Madcaddies and MiGegs MiG Building Thread
Page 33 of 33 < 1 2 ... 31 32 33
Topic Options
Hop to:
#1587321 - 06/12/05 04:34 PM Re: Howlings, Madcaddies and MiGegs MiG Building Thread
howling1 Offline

Loc: God's Country ( The Great Smok...
I think I have a J-7 I up at Avsim. It's a straight 21F with 2x 30mm (30 rounds per gun) instead of one. It's the one they only built 50 of anyways...
" I mean to kill you, or see you hang at Judge Parker's convenience.
Now which will it be? " - Rooster Cogburn, U.S. Marshall
------------------
------------------
2.4GHz P4B 533 FSB, 1Gig PC800 RDRAM, Leadtek FX 5600 Ultra (61.77 Dvrs),
SB Audigy Gamer ( May '04 dvrs ),HK-695 2.1 Surround Sound Speakers,
Lite-On 16xDVD, Lite-On 8xDVD +R/+RW
M/$ FF2, DirX9.0c, WinXP Home/SP1
--------------------

Top Bookmark and Share
#1587322 - 06/13/05 05:10 AM Re: Howlings, Madcaddies and MiGegs MiG Building Thread
geg_thomas Offline

Loc: Wagga Wagga, New South Wales, ...
Rgr, was just covering the bases ;\)

Doing skins for the J-7II aka J-7B. 3 plain white PLAAF, 1 white PLANAF and 1 camo PLAAF \:\)

Though I don't actually have to do much to the skins for the first 4. But I'm working on some special nose numbers that are actual for the squadron in question \:D

Then it's the H

Top Bookmark and Share

#1587323 - 06/13/05 12:02 PM Re: Howlings, Madcaddies and MiGegs MiG Building Thread
geg_thomas Offline

Work to be done:

J-7II: Finish nose decals for Chinese ID markings.

J-7H: Add two underwing pylons (outer, A2A and FT only), inner pylons add ground attack for 'dumb' weapons. Skins.

J-7IIM: Simply convert F-7M Airguard. "A much improved version of the J-7IIA for the export market, the F-7M 'Airguard' fighter was developed in the early 1980s for delivery from 1984 with an additional pair of underwing hardpoints (for the carriage of two PL-7 short-range AAMs or two drop tanks), an improved cockpit with the Martin-Baker Mk10L zero/zero ejector seat, and a number of other developments.

Most importantly, however, is the inclusion of Western avionics such as the 956 HUDWAS, ranging radar with improved ECM, air-data computer, radar altimeter, IFF, and multi-mode radios."

J-7IIA: No need for the IIA, since it didn't go into service (?).
It only added a few things..
"In March 1984 the improved J-7IIA was introduced with an UHF communication antenna added onto the top of the vertical tail, and new avionics based on British technology. The air-speed tube was also relocated from under inlet to the top-starboard side of the inlet."

As far as I can tell, the PLAAF based the F-7M Airguard on this for Pakistan and then made the IIM for themselves.

So Bob, did you want to do an updated F-7M for Pakistan, and then I can just tinker with that for PLAAF? Or is it ok as it is, and I can use the current version? ;\)

Top Bookmark and Share
#1587324 - 06/17/05 03:58 AM Re: Howlings, Madcaddies and MiGegs MiG Building Thread
geg_thomas Offline

Eeeeeee. Finally found good solid information. The J-7H had two multipurpose pylons for A2A and A2G. Just 2 pylons. The IIM (PLAAF's F-7M) had 4.

How's your radar workaround going, Bob?

Top Bookmark and Share
#1587325 - 06/17/05 10:45 AM Re: Howlings, Madcaddies and MiGegs MiG Building Thread
howling1 Offline

Loc: God's Country ( The Great Smok...
Hopefully I'll have it up this weekend...
" I mean to kill you, or see you hang at Judge Parker's convenience.
Now which will it be? " - Rooster Cogburn, U.S. Marshall
------------------
------------------
2.4GHz P4B 533 FSB, 1Gig PC800 RDRAM, Leadtek FX 5600 Ultra (61.77 Dvrs),
SB Audigy Gamer ( May '04 dvrs ),HK-695 2.1 Surround Sound Speakers,
Lite-On 16xDVD, Lite-On 8xDVD +R/+RW
M/$ FF2, DirX9.0c, WinXP Home/SP1
--------------------

Top Bookmark and Share
#1587326 - 06/20/05 06:43 AM Re: Howlings, Madcaddies and MiGegs MiG Building Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey guys any of you want to skin a Aim-47 and AA-4 for me? I used the Mig-17PFU pylons to give the 21F an extra set of inner pylons looks suprising good.

Top Bookmark and Share
Page 33 of 33 < 1 2 ... 31 32 33

Forum Use Agreement | Privacy Statement | SimHQ Staff
Copyright 1997-2012, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.