Forum Archives » Complete » Community Hall » Christian rock and what goes along with it....
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Hop to:
#143742 - 09/13/03 11:27 PM Christian rock and what goes along with it....
Anonymous
Unregistered

...Saw an interesting program tonight featuring "Women Of Faith", the Christian woman rally group that sells major arena venues all over the states...for women only guys!, they fill complete sport stadiums and often times, it's standing room only...

Anyhoot, as with all Christian gatherings, I decided to tune in as the music is often times very, very good...needless to say that I wasn't disapointed as Petra, my favorite, performed along with other excellent Christian rock bands and other fantastic Christian choirs...WOW! what I heard makes any Grammy show look like pure amateurism...Christians yes, conservatives maybe, but man, those folks know their music!... and somewhere, that's all that matters.

Cheers.

Top Bookmark and Share
#143743 - 09/14/03 12:08 AM Re: Christian rock and what goes along with it....
Paul Morrison Offline
Lifer

Loc: Canada
I was head of security for a concert including petra and guardian.

The petra guys are real nice, down to earth types. Had lunch with them. Tried not to be too starstruck. The bassplayer even let me try out his bass. Their drummer is a little nutty though, i guess that's what happens when you beat on things for a living.

The guardian guys are great too. Very, very regular joes. I'd dare say they were even nicer.

I've seen guardian on one other occaison and petra on two others. I've also worked security for the newsboys, and I have seen Bride and PFR as well.

Bride were definitely the best live. I have a feeling you'd like them Nick. Very heavy.

Top Bookmark and Share

#143744 - 09/14/03 12:28 AM Re: Christian rock and what goes along with it....
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'll check out Bride Paul, thanks for the tip.

Going back to Christian Rock/Metal, I enjoy that strange mixture of positiveness coupled with heaviness, definitely a match made in heaven as I always thought that Metal and other "hard" music could benefit from, for once, lyrics that didn't necessarilly had to deal with satanic garbage and other lowest common denominator spewing (I won't even talk about rap, sorry, no capitalization)

Anyway, very refreshing music.

Cheers.

P.S. How's the new house?

Top Bookmark and Share
#143745 - 09/14/03 12:34 AM Re: Christian rock and what goes along with it....
Paul Morrison Offline
Lifer

Loc: Canada
Its very nice.

Top Bookmark and Share
#143746 - 09/14/03 12:48 AM Re: Christian rock and what goes along with it....
Ant Offline

Loc: Luton, UK
Quote:
...Saw an interesting program tonight featuring "Women Of Faith", the Christian woman rally group that sells major arena venues all over the states...for women only guys!, they fill complete sport stadiums and often times, it's standing room only...
Why are they women only?

Top Bookmark and Share
#143747 - 09/14/03 01:40 AM Re: Christian rock and what goes along with it....
Anonymous
Unregistered

Women Of Faith, since you asked and more importantly, from I gathered, is a Christian Women's group that is looking/striving for status change when it comes to being a Christian wife/mother.

Their platform, while being very Christian conservative, addresses less conservative issues such as lone parenthood, deadbeat husbands, divorce, abortion and other drug addicted children.

They are a growing Christian women movement in America and somewhere, they are a reminder of the dysfunctionalities that plague that great land that is America.

Of course, they have great musical tastes, hence my tuning in earlier.

Cheers.

Top Bookmark and Share
#143748 - 09/14/03 03:22 PM Re: Christian rock and what goes along with it....
Tophat Offline

Loc: Nottingham, UK
Pfft--"all the best bands are affiliated with Satan" ;\)

Who's gonna tell me where that quote's from? \:\)

Top Bookmark and Share

#143749 - 09/14/03 03:49 PM Re: Christian rock and what goes along with it....
Warchild Offline

Loc: Indy
Bart Simpson of course :p

Top Bookmark and Share
#143750 - 09/14/03 05:05 PM Re: Christian rock and what goes along with it....
PV Offline

Loc: Vermont, USA
Stryper? ;\)

Top Bookmark and Share
#143751 - 09/14/03 07:05 PM Re: Christian rock and what goes along with it....
Broamanov Offline

Loc: The Georgia Swamps.
I've been into the harder Christian music for a long time. Some of my favorites are Living Sacrifice (Death Metal), Mortal (industrial) and Circle of Dust (industrial thrash). This is some of the heaviest and technically complicated music that I have ever listened to.
Unfortunately all 3 are now no longer making music, but their stuff is out their on the Peer to Peer networks.

Support bacteria, it's the only culture some people have!

Top Bookmark and Share
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Forum Use Agreement | Privacy Statement | SimHQ Staff
Copyright 1997-2012, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.