Forum Archives » Complete » Community Hall » I am not happy!
Topic Options
Hop to:
#143676 - 09/13/03 12:03 PM I am not happy!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Woke up yesterday morning, with one hell of a hangover from the night before, go downstairs only to find there is no milk for my breakfast. Then to make things worse while looking through the post I come across a wierd looking envolope for me, upon opening I find a nice Fixed penalty notice. I got caught doing 81mph, 81, on the M180 last sunday.

It must have been one of the speed camera vans as i saw one on the way back sat in a police patrol layby on the other side of the road. Best thing is, if I was going 2Mph slower i would have been ok, hell I may even of got away with 80 but no it had to be 81 didn't it.

Any brits who use that road, just keep your eyes open. I didn't even know I'd been caught until I got the penalty come through. Otherwise you to could have 3 points and a £60 fine. But hey points win prizes don't they?!

Top Bookmark and Share
#143677 - 09/13/03 05:01 PM Re: I am not happy!
Gottedammerung Offline

You think you're not happy.
On Thursday night I booked tickets with Finnair for a Christmas holiday in Sweeden through lastminute.com, only to have the intended accomodation we'd lined up separately dissapear from under us within the hour. We then spent most of the early hours looking for other accomodation, but couldn;t find any suitable or affordable.
Next morning we cancelled the flights through finnair, as we thought we were supposed to do, only to find today that we should have gone through Lasminute.com (not what we were lead to believe at the time). Turns out both companies are claiming the other has the money and that the ticket price is probably non-refundable, anyway. Great. Lastminute.com keeps our money (or maybe Finnair - we're stil not sure), and Finnair resell the seats we've cancelled.
Oh, and as for insurance, of course, we hadn't taken any out at the time, because we hadn;t got accomodation.
Result £403 down the crapper and Christmas in a (probably) warm, wet Manchester.
I'd cry if I wasn;t so damn stoical.

Top Bookmark and Share

Forum Use Agreement | Privacy Statement | SimHQ Staff
Copyright 1997-2012, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.