Forum Archives » Complete » Community Hall » Anyone here ever been an "official" beta tester for a PC game?
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Hop to:
#143452 - 09/12/03 04:15 PM Anyone here ever been an "official" beta tester for a PC game?
PanzerMeyer Offline
Sierra Hotel

Loc: Miami, FL USA
I submitted my email request to be on the beta tester team for Hidden & Dangerous 2 but they have not replied to me yet :-(

Top Bookmark and Share
#143453 - 09/12/03 04:38 PM Re: Anyone here ever been an "official" beta tester for a PC game?
Anonymous
Unregistered

No, I am allergic to bugridden games \:\)

Top Bookmark and Share

#143454 - 09/12/03 04:43 PM Re: Anyone here ever been an "official" beta tester for a PC game?
Sim Offline

Loc: Chino, CA, USA
I was part of IL2FB beta testers team. I don’t have enough interest to apply to any other game.

Top Bookmark and Share
#143455 - 09/12/03 04:57 PM Re: Anyone here ever been an "official" beta tester for a PC game?
semmern Offline

Loc: Oslo, Norway
I participated in the beta testing of IGI2's MP code (the beta went public after a while, but I was a part of the test team long before that).

-Jack Aubrey

Top Bookmark and Share
#143456 - 09/12/03 04:58 PM Re: Anyone here ever been an "official" beta tester for a PC game?
FLA Offline

Loc: Minnesota USA
I was an official beta tester for Asheron's Call 2.

It probably took 3 months from my beta signup until they contacted me in return.

Top Bookmark and Share
#143457 - 09/12/03 05:06 PM Re: Anyone here ever been an "official" beta tester for a PC game?
Guderian Offline

Loc: People's Republic of Sweden
No, I just complain after release instead. \:\)

Top Bookmark and Share
#143458 - 09/12/03 05:17 PM Re: Anyone here ever been an "official" beta tester for a PC game?
James McKenzie-Smith Offline

Loc: Vancouver, BC, Canada
I was one of five people invited for closed testing for Operation Flashpoint. We were approached and invited out of the blue because we were not complete arseholes on the official forums, and because we all seemed to have realistic expectations of the game and also good suggestions and comments. We also acted as a sort of focus group as well as providing somewhat expert analysis of various features (we detected various weapon performance issues that were subsequently corrected, or at least toned down).

Top Bookmark and Share

#143459 - 09/12/03 06:09 PM Re: Anyone here ever been an "official" beta tester for a PC game?
PanzerMeyer Offline
Sierra Hotel

Loc: Miami, FL USA
Quote:
Originally posted by James McKenzie-Smith:
I was one of five people invited for closed testing for Operation Flashpoint. We were approached and invited out of the blue because we were not complete arseholes on the official forums, and because we all seemed to have realistic expectations of the game and also good suggestions and comments. We also acted as a sort of focus group as well as providing somewhat expert analysis of various features (we detected various weapon performance issues that were subsequently corrected, or at least toned down).
Very cool. that must have been a neat experience for you.

Top Bookmark and Share
#143460 - 09/12/03 06:14 PM Re: Anyone here ever been an "official" beta tester for a PC game?
Snapdad2112 Offline

Yes, I have.

Top Bookmark and Share
#143461 - 09/13/03 12:27 AM Re: Anyone here ever been an "official" beta tester for a PC game?
Murphy Offline

Loc: Northern Michigan, USA
I Helped out with the initial testing for James and Osram, the BDG working on Rowans B.O.B.
It's not as simple or as 'fun' as it first appeared to be....I suppose when your 'responsible' for your results, you take it much more seriously than when you 'play'... ;\) .

Top Bookmark and Share
#143462 - 09/13/03 01:22 AM Re: Anyone here ever been an "official" beta tester for a PC game?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I was one of the first accepted in the PS public beta. Other than that, no I have not.

Top Bookmark and Share
#143463 - 09/13/03 04:06 AM Re: Anyone here ever been an "official" beta tester for a PC game?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I used to work for a computer game company and sometimes I would help de-bug the games....

It was sooooo boring....because the games were full of bugs and you had to write up every little freaking thing!!...plus the games sucked to begin with so I guess that didn't help...

Top Bookmark and Share
#143464 - 09/13/03 06:00 AM Re: Anyone here ever been an "official" beta tester for a PC game?
Billzilla Offline

Loc: Brisbane, QLD, Australia
Beta tester for Flanker 1.5.
Down to harsh language

Top Bookmark and Share
#143465 - 09/13/03 06:31 AM Re: Anyone here ever been an "official" beta tester for a PC game?
‍Ajax Offline
Bigfoot

Know someone who did QA for Ubi Soft a while ago - crappy job and games, apparently.

Top Bookmark and Share
#143466 - 09/13/03 03:00 PM Re: Anyone here ever been an "official" beta tester for a PC game?
Speedo Offline

Loc: NC USA
I was for EVE Online. Other than that I've been in a couple open betas.
MSI GF8800GT 512MB
Creative X-Fi
2x Samsung SATA2 80Gb striped
Seasonic 600W PSU

Top Bookmark and Share
#143467 - 09/13/03 03:19 PM Re: Anyone here ever been an "official" beta tester for a PC game?
Airdrop01 Offline

Loc: Lenexa, Kansas, USA
Falcon 4 and the follow ups through 1.08us.... Bloody lot of good that did.

Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me. Matthew 5:11

Ditat Deus.

http://www.mattlammers.com

Top Bookmark and Share
#143469 - 09/14/03 07:08 AM Re: Anyone here ever been an "official" beta tester for a PC game?
Weasel_Keeper Offline
Assistant Forums Manager and Contributing Editor

Loc: Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA
Currently SFP1.

Past tester for Battle Tech something or another. It was a massive multiplayer based on Mech Warrior 4...that EA cancelled. Go figure, gotta love EA.

Got my first taste for beta testing with AOL 4.0, 5.0, 6.0, 7.0, and 8.0.
SoWW #2485

Top Bookmark and Share
#143470 - 09/14/03 07:40 AM Re: Anyone here ever been an "official" beta tester for a PC game?
K6_Scorpion Offline

Loc: Geographical Center of Florida
Homeworld

Top Bookmark and Share
#143471 - 09/14/03 11:35 PM Re: Anyone here ever been an "official" beta tester for a PC game?
mailman Offline

Loc: London
Flanker 2, 2.5 and IL2.

Mailman
Flight Simulation Club
http://www.tikitour.net

Top Bookmark and Share
#143472 - 09/15/03 05:08 AM Re: Anyone here ever been an "official" beta tester for a PC game?
Softball Offline

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
I was a Beta tester for MAJESTIC. It was great for the first week or so, until your REAL LIFE email and phone started getting overtaken by MAJESTIC phone calls and emails. I never got the final version of the game, so I don't know how it panned out.

Majestic is an episodic online entertainment experience set against the backdrop of a grand and sinister conspiracy - an unfolding mystery adventure that uses the Internet as a canvas for its story, weaving you through both real and fictional experiences in real time. Highly personalized and naturally paced, Majestic tailors your experience specifically to you as it dynamically changes the content of Web pages, emails, faxes, voice mails and chat conversations in order to immerse each player at the very heart of a developing story.

--SOFTBALL
--RLGaming Portal

"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bas*ard die for his."

Top Bookmark and Share
#143473 - 09/15/03 08:22 AM Re: Anyone here ever been an "official" beta tester for a PC game?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Currently a Beta for AAO (Americas Army). Very small group (±250) for such a large on-line game. Very dedicated and active Beta community.

Top Bookmark and Share
#143474 - 09/15/03 04:15 PM Re: Anyone here ever been an "official" beta tester for a PC game?
Weasel_Keeper Offline
Assistant Forums Manager and Contributing Editor

Loc: Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA
Softball, I forgot about Majestic! I beta'd that one too.

At the time it seemed so real and was pretty freaky...X-Files type stuff. \:D

I think it went online for maybe a month after beta and then was cancelled by EA...go figure...when the Sims Online was about to come out.

Hitachi, I tried to get in on the AAO beta early on, but guess I didn't make the cut. Maybe because I was just starting to test SFP1 at the time. \:\)
SoWW #2485

Top Bookmark and Share
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Forum Use Agreement | Privacy Statement | SimHQ Staff
Copyright 1997-2012, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.