Forum Archives » Complete » Community Hall » A Question...
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Hop to:
#143251 - 09/12/03 01:34 AM Re: A Question...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Your thoughts and feeling are shared by many Raven, but most are silent.

All during the time the inuendos were dropping,I felt like I had gone to a funeral and some juvinile thugs dropped in to taunting the mourners at a burial.

I lost total respect of them and lost total acknowledgement of their existance from now on.

Top Bookmark and Share
#143252 - 09/12/03 02:01 AM Re: A Question...
Sunchaser Offline

Loc: Katy, Tx.
Well said Raven.

I am also a bit confused over the reaction of T. Cofield as the topic was doing fine till the children showed up.

Paul, as little as you deserve to even be acknowledged here there is a glaring error in your little missive....we only want to kick the asses of those who harm us.

And it is too, not to.

Top Bookmark and Share

#143253 - 09/12/03 03:09 AM Re: A Question...
usa320 Offline

Loc: US
I agree with raven.

Aint those teh same punks from the "lord of The Blings" picture?

Top Bookmark and Share
#143254 - 09/12/03 03:19 AM Re: A Question...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by usa320:
I agree with raven.

Aint those teh same punks from the "lord of The Blings" picture?
Hey word up the STUNTAZ!
Which one im I again usa320?
Isn't ajax the one on the right?
I forgot.
Oh...

IN BEFO DA LUCK AHAH

Top Bookmark and Share
#143255 - 09/12/03 04:02 AM Re: A Question...
usa320 Offline

Loc: US
Im middle, Pdog is left, Ajax is right. \:D

Top Bookmark and Share
#143256 - 09/12/03 04:06 AM Re: A Question...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
That said, you have to understand that to the rest of the world, the US is acting a bit like a bear with a thorn in its paw. Its running around, breaking some things, and in the process, all the other animals in the forests, even the one's which ordinarily like the bear (like us beavers) are getting a little afraid about what the bear might do when it's pissed off.
What do your refer the men as, or is Canada full of women? \:D

And yes, I could have taken that joke to even lower proportions. :p

Top Bookmark and Share
#143257 - 09/12/03 04:12 AM Re: A Question...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by usa320:
Im middle, Pdog is left, Ajax is right. \:D
What kind of nut does that make you.

Top Bookmark and Share

#143258 - 09/12/03 04:21 AM Re: A Question...
Paul Morrison Offline
Lifer

Loc: Canada
Raven, I gave you my honest opinion here. It may slide towards political, but I don't think it's anywhere near a line.

You obviously ignored the entire first bit, the point of which was: I am on the US's side.

I am merely explaining why some people got so ansty so quickly.

You'd like to dismiss everyone who has an opinion which varies from yours. My country love it or leave it... whatever, but you need to understand that when people post what amounts to nationalist propaganda people are going to say something. Its a given. Was it appropriate, probably not, but neither was the original post.

There is a new thread for the rememberance, I hope you'll post there. I already have.

Sunchaser,

>Paul, as little as you deserve to even be
>acknowledged here there is a glaring error in
>your little missive....we only want to kick the
>asses of those who harm us.

You and I know that, but many other people don't. Many other people think that an animal your size is pretty dangerous when pain is not making it think straight. A big animal like you could do a lot of damage without even realizing it.

Canadians have spent a lot of time since the Iraq war started wondering when the revenge would occur for not supporting the war (we didn't oppose, we just didn't support). We've heard some pretty bad stories, and God bless our national media, they are tripping over themselves to try and print a story every time some hick in an arkansas diner takes issue with a canuck over some percieved slight. After a while, a lot of us start believing these stories are indicative of all the US. Not me though.

I am totally down with making sure that all the tangos and tango wannabes get their magic carpet ride to allah, I just think you should know about the image you are portraying to nations outside your borders. We're your buds up here, and as long as we can, we will be (despite the efforts of our media). Most of Europe is your bud too. Even Austria, Germany and France. They may not always agree, and they may be a bit frightened of your might, especially now that you're wounded, but they still like you.

Europe is also in the unenviable position of having seen close up what nationalism gone amuck results in. WWI, WWII, the wars in Bosnia, Croatia and Slovenia. All had nationalism as a prime cause. So, Europeans see through nationalism much faster than you and I. We could learn from that experience I think.

There's nothing wrong with supporting your troops, and I wish them well in their mission. I hope they catch that waste of oxygen, Saddam, and I hope Bin Laden gets a lead enema before winter comes in N. Pakistan. I hope your troops stay safe, and I hope they put Iraq on a good road for the future.

Top Bookmark and Share
#143259 - 09/12/03 04:50 AM Re: A Question...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
You and I know that, but many other people don't. Many other people think that an animal your size is pretty dangerous when pain is not making it think straight. A big animal like you could do a lot of damage without even realizing it.
Maybe they should consider it, and then start their own actions against Terrorists and such. It sure would clear up who is on whose side.

Besides I don't think that has anything to do with why France craps on about being Imperialistic. I think they are still pissed we didn't let Stalin run to the Alantic and help them out with the workers paradise. ;\)

Top Bookmark and Share
#143260 - 09/12/03 04:59 AM Re: A Question...
Anonymous
Unregistered

I was banned last year on this day for getting pissed about RS sticking his thumb in Americans' eyes just like he did today, and he started that post about how if us Americans started with nationalistic memorials on that day "there will be trouble". It's getting old. How long is he and the others going to be allowed to pull this crap?

Well said Raven.

Top Bookmark and Share
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Forum Use Agreement | Privacy Statement | SimHQ Staff
Copyright 1997-2012, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.