Forum Archives » Complete » Community Hall » Has this ever happened when you used E-bay?
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Hop to:
#143117 - 09/11/03 09:31 PM Re: Has this ever happened when you used E-bay?
vonKhan Offline

Loc: To, Canada
I was the one who felt scammed by ebay few weeks back.

I had a frank talk with the seller who had become a non-member after payment and auction close and I guess he listened and sent my GF4 card. It took me 4 weeks to get it.. but at least I walked away without losing my money.

Im probably not gonna buy anything on ebay unless its belw $50 any more.

Top Bookmark and Share
#143118 - 09/11/03 11:30 PM Re: Has this ever happened when you used E-bay?
‍Ajax Offline
Bigfoot

I did that a few times for car parts- usually you can tell right away if the guy's legit or not...

Top Bookmark and Share

#143119 - 09/12/03 02:24 AM Re: Has this ever happened when you used E-bay?
Forward Observer Offline

Loc: Maumelle , Arkansas,US of A
Well, here is the latest. I lost out on the particular item I was bidding on. Some "bright" person bid $540 and got it. My limit was $470.

The funny thing is that this a Canon G3 digital camera, which has been discontinued in favor of the newer G5. The only real difference is that the G3 is 4 megapixels and the G 5 is 5 megs. Prices are dropping daily because photo-shops are trying to get rid of the G3's

I just checked and as of today, the lowest online price for the G3 is $445. The auction deal included a 256 mb flash memory card worth about $80. This brought the value of the auction deal to about $525 US.

The dufus who won the auction, did so by paying fifteen bucks more than the lowest retail on-line price available. Add to that the fact that 20 other bidders including myself wasted 2 days of our time tracking this fabulous (not!)bargain. I was also tracking 3 more auctions of the same camera and they all sold for more than the current retail price too.

As usual, the only winner in this deal was E-bay, and it also points out that they have no moron filters. There may be good deals on E-bay but this item just doesn't qualify

I would start jump into another auction, but it's
just not worth the hassle for a standard item with an over abundant supply.

I just placed my order direct. Screw all those bidding geniuses on E-bay.

Cheers

Top Bookmark and Share
#143120 - 09/12/03 03:29 AM Re: Has this ever happened when you used E-bay?
The Biss Offline

Loc: Wake Forest, NC
Never pay more than 2/3rds of retail when you buy electronics on eBay. Use dealtime.com to find your lowest price online and then bid 1/3rd less.

Top Bookmark and Share
#143121 - 09/12/03 04:04 AM Re: Has this ever happened when you used E-bay?
Paul Morrison Offline
Lifer

Loc: Canada
E-bay can be a good place for deals on occaison...

I got my old visor Deluxe there for 125$/US back when they were selling here for 300$.

I know a guy who bought a TPS doublewall softball bat (retail ~300$) for 13$ USD.

Top Bookmark and Share
#143122 - 09/12/03 05:07 AM Re: Has this ever happened when you used E-bay?
Rick.50cal Offline
FS2004 / FSX Forum Moderator
Lifer

I buy my companies' blank TPS forms on Ebay...

;\)

Top Bookmark and Share
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Forum Use Agreement | Privacy Statement | SimHQ Staff
Copyright 1997-2012, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.