Forum Archives » Complete » Community Hall » Saw the Lancer Evo 8 today…
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Hop to:
#142665 - 08/10/03 03:20 AM Re: Saw the Lancer Evo 8 today…
Rick.50cal Offline
FS2004 / FSX Forum Moderator
Lifer

Yea, it is quite flat and rectangular shaped. I think it was actually a joint venture with VW, using some Bug parts. Many young Europeans bought them in the 70's, when I was there. I think they were really cheap, compared to the alternatives in Germany.

http://www.allsportauto.com/detailphoto.php3?zl_id=2747&zl_idMD=385

http://www.google.ca/images?as_q=&svnum=...ch=&safe=images

Truth be told, as incredibly ugly as it is, it wouldn't take that much to change it's cosmetics into a very nice looking car...I know one company in California does just such a thing, and it's a lot nicer.

http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Lane/5240/images/mes0007.gif

Also, if you prefer "American Torque"(TM) :
http://www.renegadehybrids.com/main.htm

Top Bookmark and Share
#142666 - 08/10/03 05:10 AM Re: Saw the Lancer Evo 8 today…
usa320 Offline

Loc: US
Ive got a 69' El Camino....best damn car ever made.

Top Bookmark and Share

#142667 - 08/10/03 02:36 PM Re: Saw the Lancer Evo 8 today…
Haggart Offline

Loc: Texas
The El Camino was good.....we used to go up and down the beach in ours looking for wood washed up to build campfires with. We also owned an Edsel...push button transmission on steering wheel. Under the hood it had as many wires as the older color televisions.

Top Bookmark and Share
#142668 - 08/10/03 03:07 PM Re: Saw the Lancer Evo 8 today…
Turbo Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by CheckSix:
Here ya go Goodwood \:D

I have NEVER EVER seen a car soooooo ugly!!

Top Bookmark and Share
#142669 - 08/10/03 04:09 PM Re: Saw the Lancer Evo 8 today…
PV Offline

Loc: Vermont, USA
That's worse than the family truckster \:\)

Top Bookmark and Share
#142670 - 08/12/03 01:49 AM Re: Saw the Lancer Evo 8 today…
‍Ajax Offline
Bigfoot

Jesus, that thing is hideous.

About the EVO, guy I know in NY just test drove one, his comments:

Quote:
First off the car is nice inside, the seats are cool, but the shifter sucks. when you are in the showroom it feels ok, but on the road it is too far back...I'm used to the shifter being forward, more close to the radio, this one is like by your hip. When shifting to second (gears towards the back) you almost lose the shift. Also with the steering wheel in a comfortable position I couldn't see the tachometer. But any way I step on the gas and the car is quick, kind of what I expected, but nothing earth shattering. It has a smooth power band. What I didn't like though was that it stuttered alot when out of boost, I know the car was modified but it shouldn't stutter like that and I know the car had a full exhaust, but it sounded like shit...maybe I'm just spoiled by the sound of Japanese 6 cylinders.

Now for the worst part...the car rose like absolute shit. I couldn't spend more than an hour in this car. I was already getting a headache. And I don't want to hear people telling me how )Oh, it's a rally car, it should feel like that". NO IT SHOULDN'T. That Ford Sierra I had was a rally car with a fully adjustable suspension and it didn't ride that hard PLUS the Ford was faster, handled better, and was 12 years older! This is a stock setup and it was unbearable. My Dad's old Corvette which had a suspension for road racing that felt like a truck was more comfortable than this. I mean if this was your second car, then fine, but for driving to work or any duration of time, forget it. Now, the steering was really good and very quick, but it tended to wander on the parkway, although I didn't mind that.

So overall, I was expecting to drive this and be convinced that this would be my next car. And after two minutes I couldn't wait to get out of it. I can see that it is definetly a good car for the track, but it is horrible to ride in as a daily driver. What's funny is I have driven cars that are faster and handle better and they would still be a good daily driving car. Plus when you are driving it it doesn't really feel like anything, the interior gets bland fast and the ride makes it lose it's appeal even that much quicker. I guess I am just very dissapointed in the car. Although I am glad I did drive it and eliminate it from my choices of cars.
Caveat emptor.

Top Bookmark and Share
#142671 - 08/12/03 02:17 AM Re: Saw the Lancer Evo 8 today…
vonKhan Offline

Loc: To, Canada
Ewww!!! 50K for that pos?

It looks like a stylized Honda Civic/Mitsubishi Lancer!! The styling is so stuck in the late 90s.

Okay the engine matters, but styling is a big part of defining how cutting edge a car is.

Id take a Beamer or G35 over that Japanese teen-mobile any day!

Top Bookmark and Share

#142672 - 08/12/03 08:19 PM Re: Saw the Lancer Evo 8 today…
PV Offline

Loc: Vermont, USA
Any reviews for an RX-8?

Top Bookmark and Share
#142673 - 08/12/03 08:57 PM Re: Saw the Lancer Evo 8 today…
‍Ajax Offline
Bigfoot

[quote]Any reviews for an RX-8? [/quote][img]http://www.rx8club.com/attachment.php?s=7f00dffa017738ffbba5aa7e2b0131ae&postid=86764[/img]

Top Bookmark and Share
#142674 - 08/12/03 10:11 PM Re: Saw the Lancer Evo 8 today…
Rick.50cal Offline
FS2004 / FSX Forum Moderator
Lifer

Sorry, but what's that? An FDS-whachamacal it?

Top Bookmark and Share
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Forum Use Agreement | Privacy Statement | SimHQ Staff
Copyright 1997-2012, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.