Forum Archives » Complete » IL-2 Sturmovik » Improving FPS on Pacific islands map
Topic Options
Hop to:
#1289890 - 11/13/03 01:19 AM Improving FPS on Pacific islands map
akdavis Offline

Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
If you are taking too much of a hit from palms trees on this map, simply open it up in the FMB and go to the "view" --> "destruction" menu. The areas of the map with palms trees will now be highlighted in bright green. Using the "F" key and your left mouse button, "paint" the areas of bright green along the coast so that they turn red. Be careful with the areas of bright green around the two airfields, as you will destroy buildings also if you paint these areas with the destruction brush. You will need to zoom in and use a very small brush size in these areas if you want to remove palm trees but not destroy structures. If you wish to totally eliminate palm trees, set the "destruction level" slider all the way to the right before you begin painting the bright green areas, otherwise they will just be "thinned out" some.

FPS should improve some and map will not look any different except at low altitude. However, FPS is still somewhat lower on this map due to the extensive forest areas.

You should now have a more FPS friendly map for hosting dogfights online or building your own single missions.

"I hope and I need." -Oleg Maddox

Top Bookmark and Share
#1289891 - 11/13/03 01:23 AM Re: Improving FPS on Pacific islands map
uhoh6 Offline

Loc: Sun Valley, Idaho
good tip

S!

uhoh7

Athlon 64 3800+
Abit AV8
BFG 6800 ultra
2gb xms extreme corsair ram
2x 36gb raptor sata raid 0
Dell 2001 FP MS FFB2 CH peds& throttle

Top Bookmark and Share

#1289892 - 11/13/03 03:38 AM Re: Improving FPS on Pacific islands map
Coastie Offline

Loc: Va, U.S.
Quote:
You should now have a more FPS friendly map for hosting dogfights online or building your own single missions.
Destruction does not work with dogfight maps. It appears to work in the FMB but when you start the map, you will notice that all the things you destroyed are still there.

Good for coops though! ;\)

Top Bookmark and Share
#1289893 - 11/13/03 04:31 AM Re: Improving FPS on Pacific islands map
akdavis Offline

Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
Well that ain't right!

"I hope and I need." -Oleg Maddox

Top Bookmark and Share

Forum Use Agreement | Privacy Statement | SimHQ Staff
Copyright 1997-2012, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.