#1289782 - 11/13/03 02:15 AM Re: Mission building and Costal guns
Anonymous
Unregistered

Top Bookmark and Share

#1289783 - 11/13/03 03:04 AM Re: Mission building and Costal guns
rescon Offline

Loc: London
Originally posted by akdavis
No, sorry rescon. The Flak 88s placed in object 148 are not firing in your mission.

Confirmed I have just run the mission and they do not fire now!

I just tested one object 148 and one Flak 88
normandy map with one static ship and it did fire , but not regulary!

Costal gun please!

Top Bookmark and Share
#1289784 - 11/13/03 09:50 AM Re: Mission building and Costal guns
Dick Dastardly Offline

Loc: Earth
I've got the 150mm German howitzers to fire at ships. Their range is on the low end though. Used Soviet U2 biplane to determine range (120km/h, and start point at howitzers, used waypoint to range. Drag until exact spot where ETA minute increases, and that is roughly 2km (120km/h thus 2km/minute. \:\) ) Using that measurement, seems the howitzers would only fire out a few kilometers. \:\( Same seems to happen on land.. Basically won't shoot without quasi line of sight. Had some 150mms on a hilltop, enemy about 4 km away. Enemy howitzers were firing at the Germans on theslope (not top), but the German howitzers would not fire on the Soviet Arty, or advancing troops. Seems they need a direct, unblocked line to their target (Even if it is out of in game visual range)

All in all though, a coastal gun would be very nice! I have made a bunch of battles with no aircraft, only static cameras.. to have that toy would give me a whole bunch of crazy possibilities. (Also, we NEEEEEEEEEED a landing craft/barge. Some other landing ships would be nice to go with the Normandy map, but a simple LCVP esque boat is a must. Can be used for river transport, landing, etc. (Perfect to used for unarmed ferry, ala Stalingrad map, etc. as well!)

Top Bookmark and Share
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Forum Use Agreement | Privacy Statement | SimHQ Staff
Copyright 1997-2012, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.