Forum Archives » Complete » IL-2 Sturmovik » Anyone experience sound drops when panning in newview?
Topic Options
Hop to:
#1289391 - 11/11/03 05:52 PM Anyone experience sound drops when panning in newview?
Murdock Offline

When using newview, center view 0 degrees, I can hear the engine just fine. About 20 degrees LEFT of center, engine sound drops completely out. About 20 degrees RIGHT of center, engine sound increase slightly as if FB is now interpretting 20-25 degrees right of center view as center in regards to sound orientation of the engine noise.

Anyone else have similar experiences and know of a fix? I am using a SB LIVE! Value. OS is ME. I can printout a driver list if needed, but figure someone has run into this already and knows of a fix.

Thanks,

Top Bookmark and Share
#1289392 - 11/11/03 07:55 PM Re: Anyone experience sound drops when panning in newview?
Murdock Offline

Any suggestions? ... bump

Top Bookmark and Share

#1289393 - 11/11/03 08:20 PM Re: Anyone experience sound drops when panning in newview?
akdavis Offline

Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
Yup, although it is much improved for me in 1.2 w/ the new sound .dll However, Newview has nothing to do with this as far as I can tell. I get the sound drop no matter how I pan my view.

"I hope and I need." -Oleg Maddox

Top Bookmark and Share
#1289394 - 11/11/03 09:08 PM Re: Anyone experience sound drops when panning in newview?
Murdock Offline

Agreed. Mouseview appers to do the same. I do not recall this much pronounced drop since 1.0 Did 1.11 introduce this for you by any chance? The Release Candidate I have the same, with both dlls included. Its only pronounced in one angle of viewing though. Again, left about 15-20 degrees. Otherwise its not bad. I dont reproduce it panning right that much at all, though it increases in volume to the right.

Top Bookmark and Share
#1289395 - 11/12/03 12:33 AM Re: Anyone experience sound drops when panning in newview?
akdavis Offline

Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by Murdock:
Agreed. Mouseview appers to do the same. I do not recall this much pronounced drop since 1.0 Did 1.11 introduce this for you by any chance? The Release Candidate I have the same, with both dlls included. Its only pronounced in one angle of viewing though. Again, left about 15-20 degrees. Otherwise its not bad. I dont reproduce it panning right that much at all, though it increases in volume to the right.
Yes, since 1.1b, I think, or maybe 1.11 final. I've reported it and sought tech support, but got no answers. Just a limitation of my sound card, I suppose.

You wouldn't happen to be using a Dell-installed Turtle Beach Santa Cruz card, would you?

"I hope and I need." -Oleg Maddox

Top Bookmark and Share
#1289396 - 11/12/03 04:50 PM Re: Anyone experience sound drops when panning in newview?
Murdock Offline

No im using a run of the mill SoundBlaster LIVE! Value. I always just kept this card as it was (at least in the past) one of the most supported cards on the planet. Perhaps its getting antiquated finally. I would have thought that at least some "setting" would get around this. I have yet to find one. I have tried everything I can think of.

Top Bookmark and Share
#1289397 - 11/12/03 09:01 PM Re: Anyone experience sound drops when panning in newview?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I had that same problem. It is either fixed in 1.2 or I have changed my sound settings to make it work correctly. You have hardware enhancement on or off?

Top Bookmark and Share

#1289398 - 11/13/03 12:00 AM Re: Anyone experience sound drops when panning in newview?
No457_Druid Offline

Loc: Australia
I had the same problem, took me ages to work out it was my bloody speaker had blown!!! (Metallica has alot to answer for).

Not suggesting your cause is a simple as this but if you haven't already done so might be worthwhile seeing if it happens in other games or in windows.

S!
----------------------------

Top Bookmark and Share

Forum Use Agreement | Privacy Statement | SimHQ Staff
Copyright 1997-2012, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.