Forum Archives » Complete » Third Wire Series (SF) » Friendly AI; Wingman to Squadron....
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Hop to:
#1235230 - 03/24/01 04:17 PM Friendly AI; Wingman to Squadron....
MajorLee Offline

Loc: Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA
Hi TK, how many aircraft are you looking at having present during a mission? Will P1 have the pilot flying alone, with a wingman, a flight of four, or a full squadron? Will P1 have seperate supporting aircraft operational during a mission? Any ideas yet on how you want to impliment pilot careers?

Also, are you going to have the EAW style "pause, then use external views"? Jane's USAF makes it very difficult to get a decent screenshot with their "disfunction everything pause".....

------------------
"Can he ever be young again, or was his youth used up in the cockpit of his beloved Thunderbolt?"
MajorLee

Top Bookmark and Share
#1235231 - 03/25/01 05:33 AM Re: Friendly AI; Wingman to Squadron....
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi Major!

You will not be flying alone (unless you're on a recce run or something ); you'll have your wingman, your flight, and the whole squadron to go with you. And yes, we'll have other supporting (and non-supporting, i.e. random) flights present in the mission as well.

Re: Pause, well, you can do almost everything while paused, the only thing you won't be able to do is to fire your guns! So you can take your time, zoom around and take screenshots of all the destruction you've caused and turn them into works of art!

TK
--

Top Bookmark and Share

#1235232 - 03/25/01 05:47 AM Re: Friendly AI; Wingman to Squadron....
MajorLee Offline

You just cannot do this if pause locks up your zoom/pan control

------------------
"Can he ever be young again, or was his youth used up in the cockpit of his beloved Thunderbolt?"
MajorLee

Top Bookmark and Share
#1235233 - 03/25/01 05:56 AM Re: Friendly AI; Wingman to Squadron....
Anonymous
Unregistered

That's exactly my point, Major! What's the point if you can't pause and admire your handiwork...

Top Bookmark and Share
#1235234 - 03/25/01 06:08 AM Re: Friendly AI; Wingman to Squadron....
MajorLee Offline

If you make the controls and ini file similar to EAW, this is going to be one nice sim.
I believe there will be a mass migration next year.... from EAW Land into the desert!

------------------
MajorLee

Top Bookmark and Share
#1235235 - 03/25/01 10:31 PM Re: Friendly AI; Wingman to Squadron....
‍Ajax Offline
Bigfoot

And you're who in this scenario, Moses? :P

Top Bookmark and Share
#1235236 - 03/26/01 01:35 AM Re: Friendly AI; Wingman to Squadron....
MajorLee Offline

And the Creator sayeth unto the Major, "Gather then thou the faithful and journey into the desert that thoust may slayest the heathen; the Sparrows will be your spears, making way for the Chariots of Fire"....

------------------
MajorLee

Top Bookmark and Share

#1235237 - 03/26/01 04:44 AM Re: Friendly AI; Wingman to Squadron....
BBury Offline

Loc: Houston,Texas
I think there will be a mass migration to the eastern front when and if IL-2 ever makes it out of beta.

------------------
Bury's Fw190D-9 Page

Top Bookmark and Share
#1235238 - 03/26/01 06:50 AM Re: Friendly AI; Wingman to Squadron....
Anonymous
Unregistered

Not sure if there will be that big of migration from EAW, I think WWII sim and jet sim has slightly different appeals... There is something almost romantic about WWII aerial combat... but if we ever do an WWII sim...

And I totally agree with Bury, that game is looking great, I'm really looking forward to playing it!

TK
--

Top Bookmark and Share
#1235239 - 03/26/01 11:57 PM Re: Friendly AI; Wingman to Squadron....
‍Ajax Offline
Bigfoot

Well, first it will have to [i]go[/i] into (open) beta... [img]http://www.simhq.com/simhq3/sims/boards/bbs/wink.gif[/img]

Top Bookmark and Share
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Forum Use Agreement | Privacy Statement | SimHQ Staff
Copyright 1997-2012, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.