Forum Archives » Complete » IL-2 Sturmovik » [Warning: BIG pictures] Just showing off various screenshots
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Hop to:
#1185038 - 12/16/02 03:43 PM [Warning: BIG pictures] Just showing off various screenshots
Anonymous
Unregistered

I've some decent-looking screenshots, some of which dating back to v1.04, just thought to share them
Why?
I bought IL-2 around this time last year, ever since I've been hopelessly locked-on to this sim

Bf-109G-6 on CAS [v1.2]

Stukas [v1.1]

Diving on a busy rail depot [v1.1]

[This message has been edited by Hobbit (edited 12-16-2002).]

Top Bookmark and Share
#1185039 - 12/16/02 03:50 PM Re: [Warning: BIG pictures] Just showing off various screenshots
Anonymous
Unregistered

IL-2 Reign of fire [v1.04?]

Polikarpov Po-2 at dusk[v1.1a]

Wulfes[v1.1]
I made this skin 2 months ago, and now have a whole fleet of aircraft in this "Shades of Grey" custom camo scheme

Wulf on the hunt[v1.2]
I don't use external/no cockpit views, this was done by setting a low headon pass, then pulling up and firing blindly on the vertical plane.. From QMB track

Contraband??[v1.04b]

How to use Wfr.Gr.21 rockets in the A-G role[v1.1]

Moo![v1.04?]
4 month old skin for the IL2M

[This message has been edited by Hobbit (edited 12-16-2002).]

Top Bookmark and Share

#1185040 - 12/16/02 04:01 PM Re: [Warning: BIG pictures] Just showing off various screenshots
Anonymous
Unregistered

P39 over Stalingrad[v1.04]

Bf109 in grey raiment[v1.2]

Partisan camp caught red-handed[v1.1]

The "Silencer"[v1.1]

Top Bookmark and Share
#1185041 - 12/16/02 04:08 PM Re: [Warning: BIG pictures] Just showing off various screenshots
Anonymous
Unregistered

Killer Ambulance[v1.1]
Russian ambulance runs over Luftwaffe pilot seeking medical attention who crashed after strafing nearby Russian truck convoy

BI-1 point defense [BI-1 patch,v1.03?]
Space program cadets attempt to intercept German bombers in their new rocket interceptors

another recon photo, JG4 coop campaign[v1.04]

All right, 1 more post worth of pics and thats it.
Screenshots converted by SlowView, ~100k for 1024x768.

Top Bookmark and Share
#1185042 - 12/16/02 04:19 PM Re: [Warning: BIG pictures] Just showing off various screenshots
FltLt HardBall Offline

Loc: Kiwi abroad... Seoul, South Ko...
Nice. I like the blue P-39 skin.

And what is the deal with that box at the end of the runway, exactly? It's piqued my curiosity for months....

------------------
"New Zealand troops may not salute you, but if you wave at them they'll wave back!" - NZ's general Freyberg to English officers in North Africa.

Top Bookmark and Share
#1185043 - 12/16/02 04:25 PM Re: [Warning: BIG pictures] Just showing off various screenshots
Anonymous
Unregistered

Night Witches[v1.2]
View out the window on one of the missions [I made a night witch mini-campaign set in the winter of '41], from Jason Brash's [JG4_Volks] plane
Look carefully at this picture in a totally dark environment and see something like Baghdad on CNN..

This picture was brightened over 100% to make things actually visible under normal light conditions
Corps-level supply depot after a successful FAB5000 attack by Pe-8s

My executive officer on her first night landing

Not wise to mess with her, you might get an untimely visit by several hundred ShVAK shells and 16 82mm rockets...
"Watch out, shes a demon with wings...LOL" - 78th_Zero on HL

External view on a HL mission. Unfortunately Reverend is flying in the afternoon, making night vision difficult at best..

IL-2 in her grey raiment

Top Bookmark and Share
#1185044 - 12/16/02 04:34 PM Re: [Warning: BIG pictures] Just showing off various screenshots
Rickenbacher Offline

Loc: Lausanne, Switzerland
ROFLMAO ....run over by an ambulance !! This is serious lack of luck !!!!

Top Bookmark and Share

#1185045 - 12/16/02 04:36 PM Re: [Warning: BIG pictures] Just showing off various screenshots
Anonymous
Unregistered

All right! Last 2 pics!

I'm on FAC duty on one of the [now disbanded] JG4 squadron campaign missions in a captured MiG3, I used to play "dungeon master" and handmade quite a few dozen missions, totally draining task..

Russian motorized infantry convoy after a coordinated strike by Ju87s, Bf109E/Fs of the JG4 crew, and several target-spotting rockets and bursts of UBS white tracer from my FAC ship; Lots of fast typing and predefined text macros required since I don't use RW[i/]

The waning of the Reich
[i]The Russians are driving across the Smolensk sector, soon they will reach the front position of 1940-41..

Thats all folks!

Majority of these were taken on a P3 866mhz with ATI Radeon 64.

I now have a AXP 2k+ and R8500, but still run the game in 1024x768 with fps on the 40-60 region, on the P3 it was a constant 19.

It was still playable in large coop missions!

Top Bookmark and Share
#1185046 - 12/16/02 04:38 PM Re: [Warning: BIG pictures] Just showing off various screenshots
RSColonel_131st Offline
Lifer

Loc: Vienna, 2nd rock left.
Hey Hobbit!
That CAS Mission looks good. How are framerates with such a lot of vehicles?

Also, does this mission actually have tanks firing at each other? Since the demo days I have not seen any gunfire on the ground.

Top Bookmark and Share
#1185047 - 12/16/02 04:56 PM Re: [Warning: BIG pictures] Just showing off various screenshots
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have several CAS missions with regiment-size units slugging it out. These missions are COOP-only, that is like 16x assault aviation IL2s and strike fighters working to destroy a Panzer company of Tiger Is with a Mech. inf. coy, artillery battalion plus flakwagons, decimating them before they get within range of the Red Army defense at Belgorod.

Framerates are no problems if you have a current-generation system, and yes, lots of gun and rocket fire.

Its necessary to test if the mission can be synced online, lockups occur if too many tracer streams are present.

One of the most troublesome to test online is a endgame Red Army assault on the German defenders around the Reichstag [in Berlin].
Thanks Gunny and 78th Zero for testing!

That motorized infantry advance assaulting the German hill is my latest CAS affair, need to add sorties and airbase livery to the mission still..

Top Bookmark and Share
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Forum Use Agreement | Privacy Statement | SimHQ Staff
Copyright 1997-2012, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.