Forum Archives » Complete » EAW » A Forum Gem - jimjim's Editorial.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Hop to:
#1052754 - 07/25/02 06:30 AM A Forum Gem - jimjim's Editorial.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Excuse me jimjim for pasting your words here
but your comment, or summation, on Neil's "Time For A Poll" thread, deserves to be elevated to Editorial so all can read it. I'm still ROFL!

This "Babes' Posts" discussion has not been divisive to the EAW forum members. It shows that we all have our own diverse opinions plus it has livened up the drab boring technical posts such as, "I think the Mitsubishi 5 engined bomber should be included in the next Argentinian WW2 campaign only if the proper FM is in the package."
Some think being different is bad. Some demand, "Be reasonable, do what I say". To me it seems as there should be two new ONLINE squadrons, possibly named the Puritans, the Humourlesses, or the Party Poopers and the other group named the Cavaliers, the Sense of Humours, or the Anti-Party Poopers (I know which one I would want to fly with). Fly ONLINE against each other at least once a month. Build up a team spirit. Revel in your team mates personalities!!!

As for the great idea of posting only specified items on certain days of the week, please allow me to be the first to propose next week only postings about the Polikarpov I-16 be permitted; I feel this topic has been neglected on this website. On Sunday, only pictures of Susan B. Anthony, the liberator, should be permitted to show that we allow all sorts of people to post on this forum.

Another idea might be to divide the week up alphabetically, so only persons whose monikers start with the letters A to J can post new topics on Monday, letters J to M on Tuesday, N to P plus J on Wednesday, Q to T plus J on Thursday, and so on. Persons with their handles starting with the letter J should be allowed to post new topics every day.

Another thought, to answer a question posted by a person in the A - J range, you must wait until your specified day to participate in this forum arrives before answering - this would stop too many persons from responding all at once and clogging up the forum. The fewer topics there are on the website, the easier it will be to read them and less time will be wasted.
I think Charles can create some sort of ECA Panel type thing to sort this out so everybody can see when they are allowed to make a posting on this website and when they are allowed to answer a question.

When flying on line, can both sides fly the same type of plane; e.g. Polikarpov I-16 versus Polikarpov I-16?
Also, would it be possible to have one team with red I-16's and the opposing team with yellow I-16's?

------------------
"Do not needlessly endanger your lives until I give you the signal." General Eisenhower

Top Bookmark and Share
#1052755 - 07/25/02 06:39 AM Re: A Forum Gem - jimjim's Editorial.
geg_thomas Offline

Loc: Wagga Wagga, New South Wales, ...
here here

Top Bookmark and Share

#1052756 - 07/26/02 02:40 AM Re: A Forum Gem - jimjim's Editorial.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Back onto page one just in case someone missed it.

------------------
"Do not needlessly endanger your lives until I give you the signal." General Eisenhower

Top Bookmark and Share
#1052757 - 07/26/02 02:46 AM Re: A Forum Gem - jimjim's Editorial.
RED 13 Offline

Loc: Brisbane,Queensland,Australia
I was ROFL on the other thread,now you're going to start me off here! LOL! STOP IT!!

------------------
"Ave Imperator,Morituri Te Salutant!"

Top Bookmark and Share
#1052758 - 07/26/02 02:49 AM Re: A Forum Gem - jimjim's Editorial.
Jimmy Olsan Offline

Loc: Birmingham, AL 32033
Quote:
That's it fella, keep stirring the pot! Just how many times do you buggers have to be told the s-a-m-e thing? Get over it and move on. We have a flight sim to contribute to and help evolve into something even better than what we have now. Energies better spent on that topic I reckon.

I can't remember who said this - maybe somebody can help me remember???

------------------
The Sun Never Sets on EAW!

Top Bookmark and Share
#1052759 - 07/26/02 02:53 AM Re: A Forum Gem - jimjim's Editorial.
Anthony Offline

Loc: Brisbane, Australia
Quote:
Originally posted by Black 12:
Back onto page one just in case someone missed it.

I was told clicking on page 2 is just as easy.

Anthony

Top Bookmark and Share
#1052760 - 07/26/02 02:55 AM Re: A Forum Gem - jimjim's Editorial.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Figure it out Jimmy!

Red, should you be posting today? Letter R.

------------------

Top Bookmark and Share

#1052761 - 07/26/02 03:01 AM Re: A Forum Gem - jimjim's Editorial.
RED 13 Offline

Loc: Brisbane,Queensland,Australia
HEHEHE!! funny guys!!! O.T. Black 12/Anthony go to the thread I'm trying to post to Prune and open it,then open up the URL and have a look at the cool site therein.I think it's a great site.BTW Prune has said he'll be looking for playtesters for his Downfall when ready,you two should sign up,it'll be a rollicking ride!!

------------------
"Ave Imperator,Morituri Te Salutant!"

Top Bookmark and Share
#1052762 - 07/26/02 03:07 AM Re: A Forum Gem - jimjim's Editorial.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Copy that Red, it's a cool site, thanx!

------------------

Top Bookmark and Share
#1052763 - 07/26/02 03:10 AM Re: A Forum Gem - jimjim's Editorial.
No105_Ogdens Offline

Loc: Shipdham, Norfolk 1944
I have a great sense of humour, I'm not a puritan and I can knock down an online pilot when the need arises (I just threw that in for a laugh ) but I fail to see where a post that labels folks in a derogitory manner needs repeating.

Can we finally move on.

"Cricket itself is an entertainment and does not require such cheerleaders to entertain,"

Top Bookmark and Share
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Forum Use Agreement | Privacy Statement | SimHQ Staff
Copyright 1997-2012, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.